Open-handed
Rework:
Open-handed: Survivors auras are revealed to you when using items, and you are reaveled to your teammates when using your item. Aditionally if a survivor is holding an item that you collected from a chest their auras are revealed to you the entire time as long as they are holding it.
You can actually see if someone is holding an item, but you can´t see if they have Bond on the lobby, so this alternative is more reliable and it doesn't need other perks to work.
Comments
Considering how many perks have this "do X to reveal aura" feature (like Wake Up, Alert, and Aftercare), I am surprised that this hasn't been suggested sooner.
However, I rather like the aura-reading-expansion from the current Open Handed. Right now, Bond is really the only perk it pairs with. But, if more ranged aura reading perks entered the mix, it will get more to do.
Perhaps this could be a general pool survivor perk. Also, if a perk like this comes into the game, I hope this means that more variety in survivor items wouldn't be far behind.
I like the current version of Open-Handed.
The current version of open-handed is awesome
The thing is most aura reading perks have infinite range: aftercare, empathy and alert for example.
The ones that benefit are bond and kindred and u are using a whole perk slot to boost 8 meters.
I agree.
For kindred, it is okay but it is a waste of a perk slot for boosting bond's aura reading ability by 8 meters, It is almost unnoticable.
I don't think they are going to change it though.
Open handed stacks. So if someone is running Kindred while the whole squad runs Open Handed, can see the killer while hooked for days.
i never thought of that, i migh try it with some friends
I gotta check again, but I suggest you test it in KYF first. Pretty sure the effects increase the more people have it.
Still better then the default. I need to run open handed again, probably on my Ace, I use all of Dwight's perks on himself plus self care soooo....
I love it as it is. No need for a rework.