Question...

Do people normally ridicule you for stealthing too much?

Just played a game where a guy bodyblocked and ruined my game by making every noise intentional near me, and convincing others in chat that I did nothing. Is this a normal thing starting at rank 14? O.o I am scared of these higher ranks.

Comments

  • No, just a d bag you should report at endgame. There are duds that hide all match but stealth is a key tool so don't let others pressure you into their playstyle.
  • @DemonDaddy said:
    No, just a d bag you should report at endgame. There are duds that hide all match but stealth is a key tool so don't let others pressure you into their playstyle.

    Yeah, does the report system work too? I did report him for trolling (I would do more than that)

  • Can't say for sure what constitutes action on the Dev's side, but its worth flagging at the very least.
  • @DemonDaddy said:
    Can't say for sure what constitutes action on the Dev's side, but its worth flagging at the very least.

    Yeah, thanks. Do these things happen more often in higher ranks? I might try to stop saving too many people and getting my rank up faster than my friends XD

  • Haven't seen much of it myself and the few times it did since buying the game has been people with toxic in the name demanding my item. I'd say personally 3 times in the past year.
  • I had this happen to me one game, but luckily the killer had a good memory and killer saw said survivor and went after him. In chat afterwards, the killer even said that survivor deserved to be tunnelled. 
    I don't always stealth, but if I have a build that calls for it then I will stealth properly
  • Well, > @Ember_Hunter said:

    Do people normally ridicule you for stealthing too much?

    There's a difference between being stealthy and stealthying too much. If somebody doesn't do gens and spends a lot of the time hiding, the other survivors notice that.

    Keep in mind: Repairing gens, helping teammates, distracting the killer - this is a job for 4 survivors. If 1 surv hesitates too much and ends up wasting time, the other 3 survivors will also have a hard time surviving because they can't compensate for that one person.

    If you are asking yourself if you are just normal stealthy or if you are "too stealthy", just take a look after the game at how many gens you did, how many unhooks, how many heals and how long you kept the killer busy while being in a chase. These facts will tell you more than what a trolling teammate is saying to you.

  • Do people normally ridicule you for stealthing too much?

    Just played a game where a guy bodyblocked and ruined my game by making every noise intentional near me, and convincing others in chat that I did nothing. Is this a normal thing starting at rank 14? O.o I am scared of these higher ranks.

    SuCh stuff happens usually on the lower ranks
  • @NoShinyPony said:
    Well, > @Ember_Hunter said:

    Do people normally ridicule you for stealthing too much?

    There's a difference between being stealthy and stealthying too much. If somebody doesn't do gens and spends a lot of the time hiding, the other survivors notice that.

    Keep in mind: Repairing gens, helping teammates, distracting the killer - this is a job for 4 survivors. If 1 surv hesitates too much and ends up wasting time, the other 3 survivors will also have a hard time surviving because they can't compensate for that one person.

    If you are asking yourself if you are just normal stealthy or if you are "too stealthy", just take a look after the game at how many gens you did, how many unhooks, how many heals and how long you kept the killer busy while being in a chase. These facts will tell you more than what a trolling teammate is saying to you.

    (Hopefully does not count as a necro, did not see the other replies O.o)
    Yeah, thing is, I only got points for opening gates and doing totems, because remember the guy blowing up every single generator I did? I hope people like those get more punished in the future. :P