Thoughts from a Mushwin.
I know a lot will of already been said, discussed, shared etc throughout the forums, even myself has said a few things, but just to get some things off my mind and chest.
Having not too long ago watched Paulie as well and his thoughts about the forum…….
To some, this is just a forum, to others it is not, we each get something from here, other wise we wouldn't keep coming back and those who decided willingly to leave did so for their own reasons.
Some of us are silent viewers, others more vocal, we are each our own person, but the forums was created and made for us THE PEOPLE, the community of a game that brought us together, some will not be so bothered of this forum closing, others it is a blow. Myself haven't been as active recently on the site, but I for sure have met some amazing people, even if I may no longer keep in contact I will always have the memories.
Now here, this family of sorts, have found friendship, companionship, some may of found something they were not seeking, and it is just NOT a forum. Think about all the hours, time, effort people have put in to various things, the lengthy posts about new killers, designs of cosmetics, so much feedback to help the game. How many have reached out in off the topic to have go fund me, support, even a kind word, some may of come here to find and seek help, mental health is a big issue and someone may of just found someone to reach too. I know I sound mushy……………………………………………..now, also people who we have lost in our community too? they were remembered here, and people stood in solidarity for them.
People share experiences, home life, photos, discord and reddit is just not going to cut it, here we had guardians, we had mods and devs who seemed to want us as a community and reached out, but now and everything is just going to be deleted, like it never mattered. I know some be like taking this too far etc, like just get on with it, it's just a forum but to me it never felt like that, beyond the rants, beyond the arguing, the other things and negativity, people came here for a reason.
I just think it is a big mistake, a huge one, all the time, effort, heart, soul that went into this forum, was for what?
I hope many can take something positive away, like new friends, experiences, I have very much appreciate so much, and I know not many like my views or opinions or posts……………………..but hey, what did it matter anyway now?
Comments
The past matters. Even when it gets erased some time eventually
To some, yes it matters.
I couldn't agree more. I've had so many conversation with you @Mushwin I actually feel like you are my Internet wife.
Just like Ax Battler and Tyris :) lol
Hello hi I shot you both a DM.