Residual Manifest Need a buff.

Due to the abundance of auras perks for killers and their frequent use, especially by killers who use them as a crutch, such as the nurse, the judge, and any killer who can injure survivors behind walls.

Survivors must be able to counter all these aura perks, forcing killers to learn to look and find survivors instead of relying too heavily on aura perks.

I mean, when the developers nerfed the windows of opportunity because this perk is overused and the survivors had to learn the game on their own, the same logic works here but on the killers this time.

IMG_8679.png

"A lifetime of chasing the darkness has taught you that the best disinfectant is light.

  • After a successful Killer Blind, the Killer suffers from the Blindness Status Effect for 20/25/30seconds.
  • once per Trial and will guarantee a basic Flashlight.

"I'll never see what Haddie sees. But so long as I'm with her, I know I'm safe." - Jordan Rois, Ravages of the Abyss Episode 5"

The numbers need to be changed from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

And to everyone in this forum, this is probably the last time I'll be sending suggestions. I know that my suggestions throughout my time here have rarely been well-received, and this is usually the case. But to all the killers main, I apologize; there's absolutely nothing personal in this suggestion. And to everyone else in this forum, it's been a pleasure to see different communities and how they think; it's given me a broader understanding.

On various platforms, I often see very low and unethical attitudes, which is entirely to be expected from platforms that prioritize interaction over respect and constructive content. However, this forum is different; while I still see them, they are a minority.

And so to my post. Since the forum is going to close, I highly doubt that the developers will pay attention to this post, if they even notice it in the first place, but at least I tried.

As always, nothing lasts forever.

And thinks to everybody.

Comments

  • @Boons123 said:

    Due to the abundance of auras perks for killers and their frequent use, especially by killers who use them as a crutch, such as the nurse, the judge, and any killer who can injure survivors behind walls.

    Survivors must be able to counter all these aura perks, forcing killers to learn to look and find survivors instead of relying too heavily on aura perks.

    I mean, when the developers nerfed the windows of opportunity because this perk is overused and the survivors had to learn the game on their own, the same logic works here but on the killers this time.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z798JTTIGT8O/img-8679.png

    "A lifetime of chasing the darkness has taught you that the best disinfectant is light.

    • After a successful Killer Blind, the Killer suffers from the Blindness Status Effect for 20/25/30seconds.
    • once per Trial and will guarantee a basic Flashlight.

    "I'll never see what Haddie sees. But so long as I'm with her, I know I'm safe." - Jordan Rois, Ravages of the Abyss Episode 5"

    The numbers need to be changed from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

    And to everyone in this forum, this is probably the last time I'll be sending suggestions. I know that my suggestions throughout my time here have rarely been well-received, and this is usually the case. But to all the killers main, I apologize; there's absolutely nothing personal in this suggestion. And to everyone else in this forum, it's been a pleasure to see different communities and how they think; it's given me a broader understanding.

    On various platforms, I often see very low and unethical attitudes, which is entirely to be expected from platforms that prioritize interaction over respect and constructive content. However, this forum is different; while I still see them, they are a minority.

    And so to my post. Since the forum is going to close, I highly doubt that the developers will pay attention to this post, if they even notice it in the first place, but at least I tried.

    As always, nothing lasts forever.

    And thinks to everybody.

    I would rather see more perks that allow blindness on a killer. You had blast mine and residual manifest to combo against nowhere to hide. With TBTC existing you trade two perks for nothing while killer can then proc NTH on different gen without option to blind them anymore. I agree 30s is a little too less, especially because when it needs the value it will be probably already almost over. I can see it being even 60s and having 30s cooldown, meaning you will get the value from it more consistently while having reasonable counter to aura perks. Shawstep is also good counter but it rings from miles and has limited range while with residual manifest you support your team too.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472640/residual-manifest-need-a-buff

    I would rather see more perks that allow blindness on a killer. You had blast mine and residual manifest to combo against nowhere to hide. With TBTC existing you trade two perks for nothing while killer can then proc NTH on different gen without option to blind them anymore. I agree 30s is a little too less, especially because when it needs the value it will be probably already almost over. I can see it being even 60s and having 30s cooldown, meaning you will get the value from it more consistently while having reasonable counter to aura perks. Shawstep is also good counter but it rings from miles and has limited range while with residual manifest you support your team too.

    I don't like the idea of ​​a cooldown for this perk, because blinding the killer again is in itself a cooldown. If you count how many times you blind the killer in chase without hindering yourself, it won't be that many.

    blast mine and residual manifest to combo is itself a cooldown.

    In my opinion, 60 seconds is an exaggeration considering that the killer is playing against four players, but what do you think of 45 seconds?

  • I don't know if "Residual Manifest Need a buff" but I know that perk doesn't work as expected anymore.

  • I find the reasoning for this buff a little strange since Nurse and Judgement are the killers least likely to be affected by this perk. Regardless its obviously really bad in its current state and increasing the blindness duration would at least help it a bit.

  • @Lavoonus said:

    I find the reasoning for this buff a little strange since Nurse and Judgement are the killers least likely to be affected by this perk. Regardless its obviously really bad in its current state and increasing the blindness duration would at least help it a bit.

    Residual Manifest works with any means that blinds the killer, so even for killers who ignore the pallet and windows, it still works against them.

  • Ehh the issue is that the killers you need to blind the most, Judgement, the First, and of course Nurse all ignore pallets and windows so you can't really blind them with the flashlight. So it's a perk that's mostly unusable against some of the strongest killers in the game.

  • @Boons123 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4120002#Comment_4120002

    Residual Manifest works with any means that blinds the killer, so even for killers who ignore the pallet and windows, it still works against them.

    Through blast mine I guess yeah, but as low mobility killers they both aren't very likely to be kicking gens for slowdown, so even then its half your build for a huge gamble. Still though, the question is more if the buff would be enough rather than being too much.

  • @esarraf said:

    Ehh the issue is that the killers you need to blind the most, Judgement, the First, and of course Nurse all ignore pallets and windows so you can't really blind them with the flashlight. So it's a perk that's mostly unusable against some of the strongest killers in the game.

    That is not true. Paired with Champion is really decent to hinder killers by forcing them to look down. Also pretty add on dependant. I think 45s isn't enough as if you blind killer and don't go down in those 30-45s it won't do anything. Blindness disable ability to see gens which killer will memorize, hooks that killer can still visually see. So it will be mostly useless unless killer drops a chase.

  • @Elan said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4120010#Comment_4120010

    That is not true. Paired with Champion is really decent to hinder killers by forcing them to look down. Also pretty add on dependant. I think 45s isn't enough as if you blind killer and don't go down in those 30-45s it won't do anything. Blindness disable ability to see gens which killer will memorize, hooks that killer can still visually see. So it will be mostly useless unless killer drops a chase.

    Yeah this was semi doable before diminishing returns because of fixated but it's not exactly hard for the killer to counter. It's just not usable against a lot of the killers people go against since they crippled flashlights years ago.