Bans For Changing File Settings?
I'm watching a spirit tutorial they said to change sound settings in
%localappdata%\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
can I get in trouble for this…?
I'm watching a spirit tutorial they said to change sound settings in
%localappdata%\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Config\WindowsClient
can I get in trouble for this…?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Tampering with game files in any way is at your own risk.
Same as with using reshade and icon packs.
I looked at the files but didnt touch anything. Am I good
No, that's literally the same file that the ingame settings change to save your new settings when you use the actual settings menu. If all you're doing is changing numbers up or down in there or setting things to true or false, you'll be just fine.
I've changed values there to customize my graphics settings and never gotten any ban at all. In fact I think quite lame that the game doesn't have a proper graphics settings screen yet where you can tweak things like textures, shadows, viewmodels, shaders, or even audio quality like you probably want to do separately, and that you have to go into some obscure settings file to begin with.
So that file is safe to modify.