Sole survivor change suggestions before Live release

I feel keeping this as short as I can would be best so I'll try

I aim to suggest changes that hopefully can be easy to implement, like number changes, that can make it to live build in time. Although idk how game development works so forgive me.

The sole survivor changes and buffs:

I believe the token requirement is too limiting, there are situations where as a solo q your team can die really early on due to many reasons, leaving u unable to do gens and get the tokens. I propose changes:

U can reduce the token requirement to maybe 2, add more ways to get them that contribute to the team and game (healing, unhooks etc) OR, I thought about being able to gain tokens after certain amount of gen repair charge, like how blast mine or wiretap charges through amount of repairs. This will limit scenarios where u do alot of gen work, but get pushed off the gen, and a teammate finishes it, denying the token.

I also do not understand the change to the aura reading blocking, each token it was permanent before, now its 10 seconds per token? It only activates when ur last standing now, right? So I don't see why that had to be changed that way. I even think permanent elusive when last one alive would be nice and reasonable for it, seeing as killer has silent shadow perk that gives permanent undetectable in endgame.

The exit gate speed for each token is great way to make this perk help the team, great addition

Last thing, why was the gate speed bonus when last alive removed? I know u added the hatch open which I love that, but having both the option to go for gate or hatch would be less limiting and not really change much in a negative way.

These are my main thoughts I think need to be addressed on this perk before live, sorry if i ended up being long.

Whether my changes are taken into account or not, I truly think this perk is in the right direction, but some buffs and changes will help it. Apologies if any spelling errors I missed.

Tagged: PerksSurvivors

Comments

  • Seeing streamers using Sole Survivor to rat whole game to get their "solo q escape streak token" makes me wonder whether hatch should be mechanic at all. If survivor gets into 1v1 scenario with exit gates they can simply abandon. Imagine someone having 75 escape streak doing this. Goodness, so many unhappy teammates. I would hope they made those perks og Yun-Jin treatment when it's selfish but doesn't hurt your team. Maybe something like…

    Repairing generator grants: 5s elusive whenever you hit great skillcheck, 10s exposed whenever you hit good skillcheck.

  • @Elan said:

    Seeing streamers using Sole Survivor to rat whole game to get their "solo q escape streak token" makes me wonder whether hatch should be mechanic at all. If survivor gets into 1v1 scenario with exit gates they can simply abandon. Imagine someone having 75 escape streak doing this. Goodness, so many unhappy teammates. I would hope they made those perks og Yun-Jin treatment when it's selfish but doesn't hurt your team. Maybe something like…

    Repairing generator grants: 5s elusive whenever you hit great skillcheck, 10s exposed whenever you hit good skillcheck.

    First of all I don't want it to be completely reworked like that, it should reward u for playing the game by helping u escape when ur last one. Simple. Keep its identity.

    u do know abandoning in that situation gives a loss? Why would I want to quit and not try, give the killer a free 4k? U basically just said "give up" smh

    Ur gonna get unhappy teammates no matter what, u don't have to spectate u can just move on. Atleast the rework they made in ptb made it so the aura blocking incentive isn't on dead teammates anymore, even if its time limited now which is stupid, this perk also actually has an effect that helps teammates: they open gates faster. It literally doesn't hurt the team.

    think of it more as a perk that rewards u for a game going south even if u tried ur best. Its crucial in solo q because as we all know how matches can be trash due to mmr for one example like matching with new teammates etc, or randoms trolling and sandbagging throwing the game, aka not ur fault.

    Also, ur always gonna get ratting, and streamers doing this no matter what perk.

    I could go on with more points, but I cba. U get the point hopefully.