A Spirit rework I thought of

Yes, another post about my miscellaneous balance ideas. Spirit is a killer that I want to like, but there's some elements that I've had friction with. One of these, you might be surprised by, is the husk. Ever since the phasing audio cue was reworked and is constantly audible, husk mindgames are pretty much gone, and even thematically the husk stands out since nothing else about her lore or power relates to it. So, I'd like to propose a change, a give and take to her kit.

What if phase walking no longer leaves a husk, but in exchange she can charge phase walk while moving? Phasing could have a third person animation similar to her passive phasing effect, where she stutters out of view.

There's one thing in specific I can see this doing, and that would be making her more unpredictable. Is it a passive phase, or is she actively phasing? Since husk mindgames have already been largely removed, I think giving her a new mindgame option would be fun. We could even keep the husk as an addon, so the people who want it can use it. Additionally, PLEASE let Spirit see her passive phase in first person like Sadako can. I want the ability to properly play around her passive gimmick, especially with the prior suggestion.

Tagged: Killers

Comments