Post-10.1.2a Judgement Feedback

I've been playing Judgement pretty much since launch day exclusively, and the initial change to add a tiny curving window to non-zealous mode was such a nice QOL change. Even in a 0.2s - 0.15s state it would be great! Zealous curving being reduced back to 0.6 was a good change in my eyes, but the non zealous mode feels a bit to easy to dodge in close range encounters again. Almost all of the skill expression of non-zealous mode was packed into the curve window, and made the mode feel less one dimensional.

Comments

  • @Ribi said:

    I've been playing Judgement pretty much since launch day exclusively, and the initial change to add a tiny curving window to non-zealous mode was such a nice QOL change. Even in a 0.2s - 0.15s state it would be great! Zealous curving being reduced back to 0.6 was a good change in my eyes, but the non zealous mode feels a bit to easy to dodge in close range encounters again. Almost all of the skill expression of non-zealous mode was packed into the curve window, and made the mode feel less one dimensional.

    While I love Judgment too I feel like Zealous should be more "you need to earn it" rather than portion of it's curve being basekit. I said that issue with Judgment is that she's not very good in chase, that's why most people just run aura perks and send beams to gens to lower her skill floor. Overall I'm happy with revert to her last buff as she was in sweet spot where the last buff was kinda out of nowhere and not needed.

  • I think she will feel good in her current state once that charge-up bug gets fixed that limits her range, she can curve well enough with 0.6 seconds.
    Right now matches on big maps are especially tough due to the range reduction because of said bug.

    Also survivor players have gotten better (the experience is kicking in) so hitting someone on a gen is the exception, not the rule (which is good, but it might require a review of her ranged threat at some point if it becomes too unreliable to generate pressure with, given she has 0 mobility as a 110).

    All in all, as long as certain currently turned-off sliders do not get activated on her I am optimistic.

  • Non zealous feels kind of awful to control and it seems like it's way too easy to dodge. Even a 0.2 s window, I think, would be enough to make it feel nice, while Zealous would still have the benefit of 3 times the control window, plus the wider radius and lower cooldown.

    Besides, the greatest benefit of Zealous is not having to hook, bypassing every hook based protection perk survivors have, avoiding pallet and flashlight saves, getting you right back into the game without wasting time, and proccing Exile based addons. Zealous is plenty strong and has enough incentives and benefits without needing Non Zealous to feel so awful to use.