Getting a temporal ban for CRASHING
A couple days ago I tried playing 2v8 and my game crashed literally three times by some game issue. Every single time I got a ban and I sent a report, until I got fed up with the matter. Now I logged back after more than two days and I got a ban BEFORE even attempting to play a first match??? What the actuall hell is up with the game? Does anyone have this issue atm? What´s going on?
Idk if this has anything to do but I play from Xbox Windows, and yes, I did the "repairing" just in case.
Comments
Update: It worked well for like an hour and it crashed again, and of course I got a ban AGAIN… I´m so done what the actual heck is going on with this game… Behaviour should know better and have some god damn way to discern disconnecting from the match from the game entirely crashing and closing the entire software…
You get the ban because you disconnect from the match. It does not matter that the game crashes you will get it for any disconnection. Only time you don't get it is if a server crashes. Also the disconnect bans starts counting down when you next time try to queue.
the game genuinely crashed so much that i got a 24 hour ban :,)
after some trial and error i changed some settings and found it made a HUGE difference in the amount of times ive crashed, now averaging 7-8 games before the game decides to hit me with a 5-15min ban
(dx11 made the biggest difference, although my game was a bit stuttery when i used it)
launching via dx11 has helped reduce it for me, also going into nvidia control panel and changing the settings (Low Latency Mode → Ultra, Texture Filtering - Quality → High Performance, Vertical Sync → Off, Power Management Mode → Prefer maximum performance, Max Frame Rate → On (60 FPS))
i play on xbox on pc and i have the game on epic as well, helped both clients crash less (they still crash tho)
if you disconnected from a game you should restart the game and try to ready up (even if you cant play immediately), as the ban only counts down once youve done that.
If it depends on settings how long it takes to crash sounds more like memory issue. You should maybe increase the size of your virtual memory. Like the game crashes when it has no room to write anything to the memory reserved for running the game.
I think it might be a DBD issue. Someone I play DBD with has been experiencing frequent disconnects for seemingly no reason, and their game has also started stuttering/freezing randomly.
I find that DBD can be pretty unoptimized sometimes. Even though my PC can run it fine, I'll occasionally get lag spikes or the game will just freeze and I can't do anything.
Not sure if this would help, but changing my graphics settings made a pretty noticeable difference for me. On DBD I use medium graphics, max resolution, v-sync off, and an FPS cap around 90–120.
This is why I cannot wait for killer bots. Once they get those in the game, the DC penalty should just be eradicated. I think you should still lose all the bloodpoints and get your rank downgraded, but aside from that there shouldnt be a ban on matchmaking. I think it would ultimately be healthy for a game, so if you ever get toxic teammates or your game crashes, you dont have to worry about getting banned from matchmaking
You are punished of disconnections not the crashing.
Because they don't know why you disconnected from the match so they punish all disconnections. People can rig the game to crash to abuse it if it did not give the penalty in that situation.
Thank you I will try with the v-sync off, see if it makes any difference
I know this, but Behaviour should find a way to diferentiate when the game/software closes, from when a player disconnects but the game is still open. Is very bad thought how they handle the bans when the game is so broken and it´s no surprise it crashes.