Severe FPS Drops and Performance Issues on PS4 Slim

I would like to report a serious performance issue with Dead by Daylight on PS4 Slim.

Dead by Daylight has an official version for PS4, including the PS4 Slim, and the game continues to be available and supported on older-generation consoles. Because of this, I believe players on these platforms should be able to expect a stable and playable experience.

During matches, I experience significant FPS drops, sometimes down to around 30 FPS. The issue is especially noticeable when playing as Deathslinger. With these drops and the resulting stuttering, aiming and firing accurately becomes extremely difficult and, at times, practically impossible. This directly affects gameplay because precision is an essential part of Deathslinger's main mechanic.

I understand that the PS4 Slim is an older console, and I am not expecting it to perform like a PS5. However, the drops are severe enough that the game can become uncomfortable or even unplayable in certain situations.

I would like to ask the development team to investigate the performance and optimization of Dead by Daylight on PS4 Slim and other older-generation consoles, and to consider improvements that could reduce severe FPS drops and improve overall stability.

If this is already a known issue, I would also appreciate information about whether further performance or optimization improvements for older-generation consoles are planned.

Thank you for looking into this issue.

Comments

  • I would not count on further optimization for PS4.

    What helped me sometimes is to move the game files to an external harddrive or back to internal. In the old computer HDD times moving resulted in new order for the maybe fragmented files after an update.