3. Hillbilly changes

The difference between a Billy with Engravings and Boots and a Billy without is night and day. There is hardly ever a time that I see a Billy without them, at most I'll see them with boots and no engravings. These changes are aimed to make it so Billy doesn't feel like he absolutely needs Engravings and especially Boots, while also slightly nerfing the maximum values of both his Movement and Turn Speed with Engravings and Spiked Boots.

The below value changes do not take into account the multiplicative nature of the addons, they are simply a representation of how much of the addon should become basekit and how much should remain in the addon.

  • +5% Movement Speed during a Chainsaw Sprint
  • Reduce Iri Engravings to a 10% Movement Speed increase and 8% increased Charge Time
  • +10% Turn Speed during a Chainsaw Sprint
  • Reduce Dad’s Boots and Spiked Boots to 10% and 15% respectively

An optional change:

  • Could give some kind of audio queue for just before Billy gets Overdrive as a warning so that survivors don’t get punished by getting an unlucky Overdrive at the tail end of Billy charging the chainsaw, similar to how survivors get an audio cue when Myers has stalked to 51%.
Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • I like your ideas. But they are too safe. You can make those add ons basekit in full value and make the add ons more unique towards the power.

  • @Elan said:

    I like your ideas. But they are too safe. You can make those add ons basekit in full value and make the add ons more unique towards the power.

    As of now Hillbilly is easily in the top 5 most powerful killers, usually placing around 3rd or 4th (although depending on your opinion apparently Judgment might move him down a place). A killer that strong should not be made any stronger. Although Billy has a couple maps he struggles a lot with, I think the partial base kit boots would help with that so that those maps aren't as terrible without the addons.

    Otherwise, I made these addons partial base kit and made the total between base kit and the addons slightly less than before because if anything Billy needs nerfs. If you simply make his most powerful addons fully base kit it will make an extremely strong killer even stronger. These changes were more so aimed towards slightly nerfing his maximum potential while improving his average quality of life and opening up addon slots for other addons.

  • "The difference between a Billy with Engravings and Boots and a Billy without is night and day. There is hardly ever a time that I see a Billy without them"
    It's hard like almost all old killers without add-on BUT it is not impossible… You just have to… LEARN it first, it doesn't require too much tho'.
    Nowadays people, you know… they don't have time to waste for that: they want everything, all immediately without effort…

  • @Arcturus said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4116955#Comment_4116955

    As of now Hillbilly is easily in the top 5 most powerful killers, usually placing around 3rd or 4th (although depending on your opinion apparently Judgment might move him down a place). A killer that strong should not be made any stronger. Although Billy has a couple maps he struggles a lot with, I think the partial base kit boots would help with that so that those maps aren't as terrible without the addons.

    Otherwise, I made these addons partial base kit and made the total between base kit and the addons slightly less than before because if anything Billy needs nerfs. If you simply make his most powerful addons fully base kit it will make an extremely strong killer even stronger. These changes were more so aimed towards slightly nerfing his maximum potential while improving his average quality of life and opening up addon slots for other addons.

    Without doubt might get bit better. Just make killers good. No reason to do 50 seperate safe buffs. As you mentioned most if not every billy runs iri eng/purple boots. So gameplay wise there would be no change from survivor pov.

  • Or let the Hillbilly for those to know how to play him without external assistance.

  • @n000b51 said:

    "The difference between a Billy with Engravings and Boots and a Billy without is night and day. There is hardly ever a time that I see a Billy without them"
    It's hard like almost all old killers without add-on BUT it is not impossible… You just have to… LEARN it first, it doesn't require too much tho'.
    Nowadays people, you know… they don't have time to waste for that: they want everything, all immediately without effort…

    Idk how much you play Billy, but I play him with the Apex Muffler instead of Engravings fairly often and it makes an absolutely massive difference. More so than that though, the occasional time that I do not run Engravings and Dad's/Spiked Boots, it feels terrible going for a long sprint. On a lot of maps, you might as well not be able to turn after the initial curve window at all.

    No it's not impossible to use without Boots or Engravings, trust me I've played a good bit of Billy since before his rework when he was C tier. The goal isn't to make him easy, it's to make his gameplay feel smoother on average and open the door to other addons. If practically every Billy player is running Engravings + Dad's/Spiked Boots, I think that's a sign to the devs that the killer feels significantly better to play with them. This is similar to how almost every Ghost Face runs Drop-Leg Knife Sheath and wants it base kit, or the brown teleport cooldown reduction addon that become almost entirely base kit on Unknown.

    At the same time I am under no illusion that Billy is a weak killer, and that's why I slightly nerfed his maximum potential with the addons. It would be a nice QoL improvement to Billy that would raise his strength with his weaker addons while nerfing his strength with his strongest ones.

  • Basekit Billy is perfectly fine imo