Following the takeover of the previously unofficial DBD Discord, can BHVR review my discord ban?
Discord handle: \@readycent
Ban Date: ~1 year ago
Ban Length: Permanent
Ban Reason: Don't remember exact reason, but probably had something to do with being raunchy, too self aggrandizing, or something like that.
I have had a few bans in the past for minor issues like not minding my audience with my jokes (ie. inappropriate for general audience who don't know me), and I believe the mod team at the time had a particular issue with me for being stubborn. I have learned my communication style is headstrong because I feel like I try harder than most to communicate in a way that can be understood by the receivers of my message, but that expectation clouds my judgement when a misunderstanding happens and I don't catch it.
With this new change in moderation team, I would like to have my ban appeal re-evaluated. If there is an official way to do this, please let me know. Otherwise, I suppose my most useful input for this game would have to go onto the forums — in that case, I will be welcoming myself to this platform a bit more :)
I believe permanent bans should be reserved for folks who pose a danger to the community, such as hackers, predators, scammers, hatred and division by bigotry, and other issues like that. My ban, while I concur was justified to an extent, should not have been a permanent ban. I think I have spent enough time away from this discord to come back with a fresh experience. I would be open to something like probationary monitoring for a certain point; if the mod team wanted to take me out back, they should be able to decide this ban appeal was a waste of their time and spank me with another perma for the first few months after I get unbanned — I try to value the time spent by mods to manage their community.
Comments
Previous bans are still very much in place on the Discord, the rules have not changed on that platform. And we do not take ban appeals for social media outside of the Discord process.