Are devs actively trying to ruin 2v8?
Honestly, not hyperbole, serious question. This invoking salt thing is such an absolute curveball of a timewasting mechanic. Idk who pitched that particular idea or why literally anyone else agreed and thought it would be a beneficial addition to 2v8. Compounding that by making one of the challenges to place 10 salts? Encouraging people to waste time rooting through chests to do this absolute grind of a challenge? Not a good shout.
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
Scout haste when crouching is reduced as well. I'm guessing the walking-while-injured Fixated is too but I haven't noticed.
I think it's hilarious killer queues are longer with each iteration. I would say yes - out of touch or absolutely in love with killer.
Getting nearly infinite hope for doing 20s ritual is timewasting? Ok.
It is when half the team are wasting time opening chests, finding somewhere to put the ritual then actually doing it instead of doing gens.
All for weaker hope that stops being useful after the first 2 minutes.
The only use i've found for 2v8 is farming the rest of my survivor tomes. Apart from that it's only fun for a few matches.
Escapist is still not nerfed, so yes, they do want the mode ruined.
I think they need to take a solid break from adding back 2v8 24/7 and genuinely improve the game mode as a whole, maybe add 3-4 killers.