I don't like the new FOMO and killer slowdown feature in 2v8

Personally, I really don't like the move from the devs that they force us to play survivor in 2v8 since this is the only way to get the survivor quests done while killer is possible in the normal mode. In addition, the whole invoking feature is a big benefit for the killers than for the survivors since survivors are looking around for chests to open them (at least 8seconds of nothingness) and then sit for at least 40seconds for something that is not really worth the time or investment. I know that many killer players complain about "gens getting done too fast in 2v8" but this is not the solution to force slowdown by FOMO. It's also not the solution to fix queue time.

Thus, even without the quests, the new Invoking feature is rather useless and stupid since sitting for 40 seconds and doing nothing for just getting something that you would get anyway by progressing the match is as boring as sitting on gens but at least you make team progress and sometimes skill checks happens.

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of the new invoking features and it does the opposite of what the devs proably wanted - it makes players play less survivors since it's just a bad feeling when you loop the killer for a good amount of time just to see that your teammates running around and opening chests or sitting in the cornor of the map and doing invoking stuff.

Does the 2v8 survivor gameplay more improvements and funnier stuff? YES but not this.

Screenshot 2026-09-08 214347.png

Comments

  • I like how it takes 2 weeks to stop invocating. Very fun with two killers and endless zombies.

  • @sirlemonhead said:

    I like how it takes 2 weeks to stop invocating. Very fun with two killers and endless zombies.

    That's the game mode, 2 killers and 8 survivors, "endless zombies" are still a dumb ai which can be countered and there's only 4 and requires a specific killer to be played.