HoH/Deaf/deaf Accessibility Suggestion!

image.png

I played DBD since 2018. Back when Spine Chill was actually good. I am a survivor main, but only because I cannot stand 1st person point-of-view that killer has. I am a deaf player that uses audio visualizers to play. Here to discuss accessibilities and the experience it is to face against specific killers - Spirit and Twins. There are certain things that my speakers WILL NOT pick up, which are: footsteps, certain survivor injured noises, the hatch noise, Spirit phasing, and little Victor lurking about. Maybe there's more things, but these are the only things that affect my gameplay that I know of.

I am suggesting for something similar to a "damage indicator" (picture above ↑ to give visual example) for the killers mentioned. I also have been told that hearing people are able to find out which direction Spirit is phasing and where Victor is lurking. I can NOT. This makes the matches an unpleasant experience, hinders my team, and gives an unfair advantage just because I have hearing loss. I feel I need to clarify - I do not suggest this for hatch, only for Spirit's phasing and Victor. If not the directional indicator, then at least a similar effect of the heartbeat from Huntress' singing be applied when Twins and Spirit activate Victor and Phasing (second picture attached below on the right ↓ for example).

image.png

Comments

  • Sorry to hear about your struggle here - I'm not gonna argue against it. Just wanted to deliver a trace of empathy. Hope this goes well heard.

  • More should be done for those with accessibility issues, I'd love to play more with my friends who struggle with sound they avoid this game for very good reason.