Request for Rift Pass compensation due to faulty Denuvo-Anti-Cheat update
Hello BHVR Team,
I am writing to report that I am completely locked out of Dead by Daylight due to the current Anti-Cheat trial phase. The launch of the game is consistently blocked by an Easy Anti-Cheat error ("Untrusted system file") referencing a Denuvo DLL file, as both systems seem to conflict with each other.
I have already spent at least 18 hours straight troubleshooting and tried every available solution. This includes a full re-verification of game files, manual deletion of AppData, and removing local Anti-Cheat folders. I even manually whitelisted more than 9 separate Denuvo files (including DLLs, logs, scripts, and EXEs) in my Windows Firewall to prevent any interference. However, none of these steps resolved the issue, and attempting these deep system fixes eventually caused my entire PC to crash.
Many people from the community, including Twitch streamers and content creators, tried to help me. I followed every single step that successfully fixed the game for them, but nothing worked for me. I have also already sent an email to your official customer support but have received no response so far.
Since I have invested real money into the current Sunflesh Rift Pass and cannot progress due to a faulty technical implementation on the developer's side, I would like to request a fair solution. Should this issue prevent me from finishing the Rift in time before it expires, I expect to be compensated with the final cosmetic rewards from the Pass that I am currently being blocked from earning.
Thank you for looking into this and for providing a quick fix for the steam community.
Comments
Thank you for reaching out to Support in the meantime and sharing your feedback here! We don't believe this is directly tied to anti-cheat and Support is the best route for now, as we do want to look into the issue for players.
But it has to do with Easy Anti-Cheat, since it still launches at the same time as soon as I start the game
Regardless it's still an anti-cheat update related issue, this should never have been tested on live servers and you should compensate those affected due to that.
if it was opt in I'd understand, but it's not as far as I'm aware.