The Knight's Guard Pallet Pathing 10.1.1 😮‍💨

I understand the goal of giving Survivors meaningful counterplay, but I am concerned that making Guards path around a pallet when it is dropped during a Hunt may weaken one of The Knight’s core tools too much.

My concern is not only the 48m Hunt cancellation. Even shorter detours can consume a significant part of the Hunt timer, especially on pallet-heavy or indoor maps. The Knight has limited mobility and relies heavily on Guard pressure, so this change may disproportionately reduce both his chase pressure and his ability to pressure multiple Survivors.

As a PS5 controller player, The Knight is also one of the few Killers whose power I can use consistently without requiring high-precision aiming, so this change makes an important controller-friendly option less viable for me.

I am not asking for Survivor counterplay to be removed. I would simply ask Behaviour to monitor the real match impact of this change, especially among experienced Knight players, and consider reverting or adjusting the pallet-routing behavior if it proves too punishing.

Comments

  • This counterplay already existed, then they removed it recently and now have put it back.

  • This was a bugfix, it already worked like this in the past and stopped working recently, they've just added it back. The only part that's new is the hunt cancellation beyond 48 meters, which really doesn't matter that much because at that point the guard probably wasn't catching up anyway and it also starts recharging the cooldown for that guard sooner

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    This was a bugfix, it already worked like this in the past and stopped working recently, they've just added it back. The only part that's new is the hunt cancellation beyond 48 meters, which really doesn't matter that much because at that point the guard probably wasn't catching up anyway and it also starts recharging the cooldown for that guard sooner

    Thanks for the context. I understand that this behavior existed before and may be considered a restoration or bugfix rather than an entirely new mechanic.
    My concern is more about its practical impact in the current version of the game. The 48m cancellation itself may indeed be relatively uncommon, but even much shorter pallet detours can consume a meaningful part of a Guard's Hunt timer, especially on indoor or pallet-heavy maps. That can reduce the Guard's ability to maintain pressure even when the Hunt does not get cancelled.
    I only started seriously learning The Knight relatively recently, so I had been adapting to how his current power worked before this change. From my perspective, bringing this counterplay back makes one of his core pressure tools noticeably less reliable.
    I'm not saying Survivors shouldn't have counterplay, and I understand why this behavior might exist. I just hope Behaviour watches the actual match impact and adjusts it if the pallet routing ends up weakening Guard pressure more than intended.

  • This behavior existed before and in MANY scenarios, rerouting the guards has been the ONLY way to counterplay against The Knight.

    I say this as a P100 Knight main - but it is very important to consider fair counterplay to Killers.

    The reroute tech isn't something that renders Knight useless, you can successfully call it out and play around it. But it is necessary to prevent uncounterable scenarios for Survivors, such as when they are in a map corner with no connecting resources.

    I truly don't understand what the point in having guards abandon Hunts that are rerouted to longer than 48m… while no, they weren't likely to reach anyone, it doesn't really add any meaningful gameplay to remove it.

  • @NotJared said:

    This behavior existed before and in MANY scenarios, rerouting the guards has been the ONLY way to counterplay against The Knight.

    I say this as a P100 Knight main - but it is very important to consider fair counterplay to Killers.

    The reroute tech isn't something that renders Knight useless, you can successfully call it out and play around it. But it is necessary to prevent uncounterable scenarios for Survivors, such as when they are in a map corner with no connecting resources.

    I truly don't understand what the point in having guards abandon Hunts that are rerouted to longer than 48m… while no, they weren't likely to reach anyone, it doesn't really add any meaningful gameplay to remove it.

    I actually agree that Survivors need meaningful counterplay, especially in situations where they could otherwise be trapped with no reasonable option.
    My concern is less about removing pallet counterplay entirely and more about how much pressure repeated reroutes can take away from the Guard. Even when the path is nowhere near 48m, shorter detours can still consume a significant part of the Hunt timer and give the Survivor a lot of distance.
    So I think the real question is whether the current rerouting gives fair counterplay without making Guard pressure too unreliable.

  • Maybe oneday he will get a rework since in the community he is considered a low/ mid tier killer and with a low pick rate.

  • I think Behaviour should reconsider the recent change to The Knight's Guards around dropped pallets.

    The Knight already has substantial counterplay built into his power, and he is generally not considered one of the strongest Killers in the game. Survivors already have several ways to interact with and play around his Guards, while The Knight himself still needs to commit to chases and positioning to secure downs.

    At the same time, The Judgment was recently introduced with a power that can apply pressure and potentially injure or down Survivors from very long distances, including through walls, without requiring the Killer to physically travel to that part of the map.

    My concern is not simply that one Killer is stronger than another. Different Killers are obviously allowed to have different power levels and playstyles. The issue is the direction of the balancing decisions.

    If Behaviour is comfortable allowing a Killer to have this level of global pressure and lethality, I do not understand why The Knight needs additional counterplay added to a power that already has several limitations and Survivor responses.

    I would suggest either reverting the recent Guard pallet-pathing change, or at least reassessing whether The Knight actually needs further counterplay in this area.

    More broadly, I think Killer balance would benefit from a more consistent standard when deciding how much counterplay a power needs relative to its actual strength, reliability, and ability to secure downs.