I like the Krasue, but she could be improved--here's my opinions on how
I'm a bit late here, I know, but I just got back into the game a few days ago, and one of the first things I did was get the Krasue, though at first it was just for her perks. All the gameplay I've seen of her looked very repetitive, with using body form to infect survivors, head form to down, rinse and repeat.
After spending some time playing her though, I've warmed up to her more than I expected to. Her theming and feel is incredible, and the concept of switching forms is something I've always loved in games. However, there's just as many things about her that I dislike, and I've spent a couple days formulating some ideas that would hopefully help her feel better to play from both sides of the isle. I'll split them into two sections, one primarily being number tweaks and the other sort of a soft rework that leans more into set up and payoff.
#1 Stat Tweaks:
- Head Form pallet vault speed: 1.9s > 1.67s
- Regurgitate cooldown: 2.5s > 3s
- Intestinal Whip leech on hit: 34% > 50%
Simple enough, really. The pallet vault takes too much time to be useful in most situations, so matching it with the window vault speed would be more comfortable without making it too powerful. I dislike abilities where you can just spam it for very little cost, so a slight increase to Regurgitate's cooldown is something I've wanted to see even before I started playing the character. Lastly, the Whip changes might raise some eyebrows so let me explain. I like to experiment with aspects of a killer's power that people tend to not use, such as Dredge's manual locker entry, and find out how it can be made useful. While playing with the Krasue, there have been quite a few times where going for Whip strikes on an uninfected survivor was easier and more time efficient than transforming and going for gut shots, with the big problem being the FIVE hits necessary to down a survivor like that. Thus, reducing that to four hits would make it more viable (if you can land your whips) while keeping it as a longer time investment as it should be.
I also would like to see some aspects of Leeched itself and the glowing fungus change so that spreading infecting is more worthwhile, but I haven't figured out what suggestions I would make there.
#2 Rework:
- Regurgitate now marks vault locations and breakables basekit
- Marking addons reworked to match
While I haven't been able to figure out the specifics of what the marks should do, I personally like the idea of turning the Krasue more into a setup killer, but where that setup benefits herself rather than directly affecting survivors. The marking gimmick is something nobody else really has, so including them into her basekit would be great for giving her a more involved gameplay identity, something I think she could benefit from.
I would like to add more to this suggestion, but I truly can't figure out what would be good.
Comments