Please nerf aura and totem perks from survs
Survivor totems shouldn't be allowed to be re-erected once the Killer has destroyed them. Also, the Killer should be able to see a totem's aura when nearby—just as Survivors can. As a Killer, you can't put yours back up either (except with *Pentimento*, which can also be destroyed and has its aura revealed). Likewise, Survivor aura perks that reveal the Killer should be nerfed, since Survivors usually play as a SWF (Survive With Friends) group anyway, constantly communicating the Killer's location, actions, and so on. I play both sides, but I want things to remain fair.
Comments
For totems, Hexes can't be relit because most of they're effects are 1. more impactful than survivor boon perks 2. take time to cleanse rather than just snuffing them out in a short animation and 3. boons have a very limited range of 24m except on indoor maps. Boons already have a sound to reveal where they are, but I could get behind an accessibility change where boons are revealed within maybe 6m? Any higher and it might be too much due to how limited the range of the boon is in the first place.
As for survivor perks that reveal the killer aura, you kind of betrayed yourself in your own post. Exactly, in SWFs they are comming the killer's location already, so it only benefits solo players to see the killer's aura at range. Solo survivors are objectively weaker than SWFs, so I don't see the problem there. The other kind of aura reading survivors can get is in chase like with keys with the iri addon, or with things like Troubleshooter. However, killers have equivalents, such as I'm All Ears and Zanshin Tactics. This effect is good on both sides, but certainly not meta.
don't forget that Killers don't have to spend time setting up HEX totems, and by extension don't have to find a place to do so.. both of these things (even if you know where dull totems spawn) waste objective time… many games its outright better for the killer that survs are wasting time continuously booning
May I introduce you to.. Shattered Hope?
Instead of playing Nemesis with only the perk Nemesis, I have instead opted for Shattered Hope + Undying on Doctor that way I can see them blessing the totem with Undying then shock them off of the totem. This build will unfortunately only be viable for the next week or so until boon totems inevitably die for a few more years.
Also note: majority of swfs are 4 friends just playing the game casually I promise you only 5% of swfs are genuinely comming.
Just run shattered hope, Like Pidgeon said. Granted everytime I do it and break a boon the survivors just bot out, it's still an answer. I hate the disparity in how totems/boons work as well, but you can always punish them for running them.
"O no im blind! i cant see the killer or a boon i made!"
The game became rock paper cizzors.
Boons may be annoying, but setuping them maybe time expensive sometimes.
Why would you nerf aura just because SWF gets free aura reading? If anything shouldn't that be a reason to make aura reading for survivor stronger so that solo can keep up with SWF? I don't agree regardless but still your point is a little nonsensical.
If Steadfast was a good boon I'd say that Shattered Hope might finnaly has it's time to shine. Sadly only Boon I think is worth running is Shadowstep, but clearly everyone will try to combine at least two of them.