Skill Checks need to be reverted
For months now, getting a skill check on a generator has been really hard. I am almost sure that you have made them appear very rarely now, and I'm assuming because of Hyperfocus.
First of all, Hyperfocus is only strong in theory. Nowadays, there's countless ways to interrupt someone on a gen: pain res, grim embrace, friends till the end, surge, eruption, hex: face the darkness, killer coming to the gen, a teammate bringing the killer to the gen, etc. There is no justification for making skill checks nearly extinct because of this.
Because of this, other perks that rely on skill checks are very hard to use. I love using Specialist, but omg I can't use those charges when I want to because I have better chances of winning a lottery than getting a skill check.
Same problem with Rookie Spirit (which I love using with Potential Energy). It takes AGES to activate Rookie Spirit because getting those 3 (only 3!) skill checks is a nightmare. The brightest example of this was me sitting on a gen today until it was about 50% complete, and ONLY THEN getting my 1st skill check. That's incredibly ridiculous. Rookie Spirit is arguably one of the weakest perks in the game, and yet, I can't even charge it reliably, because of the drought of skill checks.
Comments
Some perks that rely on getting skillchecks should had a increase in skillchecks. Adding that to rookie spirit for example would help.
Hyperfocus is also diminished if ran with Steak Out. I always said that flat speed perks are the best, such as overzelaous, deja vu or steadfast as they make gens not as quickly as fully stacked steak out but they are consistent. Imagine rolling 20 on bardic and getting no skillchecks for 50s.
Yeah, I get what you mean. I wish scavenger was usable but it's just not since getting five great skill checks typically takes so long the game is over by that point. However I don't think their rarity has changed.
Nothing has changed the past month. They just broke skillchecks with the recent update somehow.
there was been a noticable decrease in skill checks occurence for months now. trust me, I've felt it, since I've been using specialist, and often I can't get a skill check for ages.
I noticed a huge increase in skillchecks since the chapter release. Like getting 6 skill checks in 10 seconds sometimes.
There was also a bug that carried over from ptb where adding a brand new part to a gen against judgement makes skillchecks impossibly small.
Yeah, I dont trust people that "feel" something, but have no valid evidence.
Hyperfocus is just a net negative for the game that gives cheaters some wiggle room to hide behind. It's also either gets no value or you're consistently popping gens insanely fast because of killer choice. Doesn't help that we keep getting skillcheck bugs that give too many every few months.