Skill Checks Are Appearing Far Too Frequently / Back-to-Back Skill Check Issue

Since yesterday, I've noticed that Skill Checks have been appearing way more frequently than they normally do. At first, I actually thought it was a nice change because I'm generally pretty good at hitting Great Skill Checks. But after a few matches, it became so excessive that I could barely look around the map while repairing a generator.

In one match, I was repairing a generator with my friend, and the Skill Checks were happening so frequently that I decided to start counting them. I got around 14–15 Skill Checks during a single generator repair. My friend was also repairing the same generator normally.

The most ridiculous example happened in our last match. I got a Skill Check, completed it, and immediately after it ended, another Skill Check appeared, followed by another, another, and another. I counted 5 Skill Checks within roughly 5 seconds. My friend was watching it happen and even he said, “There’s no way they can normally appear this frequently.”

For context, my build was completely focused on gen rushing:

  • Built to Last
  • Resilience
  • Windows of Opportunity
  • Iron Will
  • Two Toolbox add-ons that increase the Toolbox's charges
  • I also wasn't using Vee Boonyasak's One-Two-Three-Four! perk, which increases Skill Check frequency.

My friend was repairing the generator normally and didn't have any perk that increases Skill Check frequency either.

I know Skill Checks are RNG-based and that certain perks/items can increase their frequency, but this felt completely different from normal RNG. Sometimes another Skill Check would appear almost immediately after the previous one, with barely any time in between.

I later found that other players have also been reporting the same issue recently. Some people are saying that Skill Checks are appearing in very short intervals, sometimes even close enough to overlap with each other. I also found that there is already a bug report for 10.1.0 regarding Skill Checks appearing in unusually rapid succession.

After a few matches, I eventually stopped going for Great Skill Checks and started focusing only on hitting normal Skill Checks, simply because I was trying to survive the Skill Check spam. Lmao. In one of these matches, the killer was Ghost Face and I got Exposed twice for absolutely no reason because I couldn't even properly look around me. In another match, Deathslinger kept harpooning me because I was barely able to look around while repairing, I was spending more time fighting Skill Checks than actually repairing the generator. 💀

Basically, there are so many Skill Checks that I barely have any opportunity to check my surroundings during a match. Since yesterday, I've genuinely started feeling like a player with only 10 hours in the game who is still trying to get used to the Skill Check mechanic. That's how noticeable the increase feels. There is definitely something strange going on with the Skill Check frequency. Lmao.

Has anyone else been experiencing this since the latest update? Is this a known issue that the developers are aware of and currently investigating?

Tagged: Survivors

Comments

  • I havent encountered anything like this and also noone ive watched so far.

  • There is a bug report about this

    https://app.betahub.io/projects/pr-5642738318/issues/6042

    If you want to add your game logs to it go right ahead. Devs will need the logs to see what is going on and fix the bug. You can find the logs here on your comp

    C:\Users\ *computer profile name* \AppData\Local\DeadByDaylight\Saved\Logs

    Log needs to be the one that was last saved when you stopped playing the game session you experienced the issue.