I hope they don't make judgment easier to play

I hope they keep them with a high skill ceiling, we haven't had a killer like that in a while right?

I think that what makes this killer more unique, a power that will benefit extremely from skill

Something like Katarina from league, a high skill champ that is very strong with the right hands.

Though I would like to see its zealous curve nerf reverted.

I want to see number changes but I don't want to see the way its power works changed AT ALL.

Comments

  • 100% agree, I love they've made a killer so skill expressive and mentally engaging. Also agree on the curve nerf being too extreme but they kinda seem to know it is so not really worried, confidant that will be buffed.

  • I don't even think they are that hard. Landing a successful hit can be tough, but the killer itself is really not that difficult on a conceptual level. it's more of a battle of minds. It appeals to me as I love Henrys gameplay.I play on Xbox and I was dreading that Judgment would be a PC only killer but this killer handles great.

    I really do not think they should be made easier or be made to work better in loops. I don't want this killer becoming an anti loop killer

  • Judgement might become S tier if they make her easier to play. I've already gone up against competent Judgements with aura reading builds. Imagine how oppressive she'd be if she was easier.

  • Am I the only one who thinks this is just another nurse situation? People say "oh the killer is so hard" but in reality its one of those once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy. It's just the enjoyment that I have a problem with. Getting hits with the power is so convoluted that it doesn't feel good to play.

  • @Brimp said:

    Am I the only one who thinks this is just another nurse situation? People say "oh the killer is so hard" but in reality its one of those once you get the hang of it, it's quite easy. It's just the enjoyment that I have a problem with. Getting hits with the power is so convoluted that it doesn't feel good to play.

    Every killer in DBD was designed to be dangerous upclose, hence the heartbeat. Judgement so far is the only killer who is less threatening because her power just doesn't work right if someone is near her. This would be solved if her ability to recall the beam into her direction thanks to her addon was basekit though.

  • Her skill ceiling already isn't high at all. Only the skill floor.

  • @Chrarcq said:

    Her skill ceiling already isn't high at all. Only the skill floor.

    Long range this is probably right. Close range, nah. There's so much room for 5D chess there.

  • I'm not sure if I'm just fed up with a string of 110 Killers with ranged powers but I'm not enjoying the Judgement. The way you have to manoeuvre Divine LIght to get hits in chase isn't necessarily difficult so much as fiddly and unintuitive like Krasue: looking away from the Survivor and then kinda spinning/flicking my camera just doesn't feel good to do and I can't understand how that became the design pathway of choice. That being said, the majority of Judgement play I've seen so far (mostly streamers since I've encountered exactly 1 in my own games) is bringing aura perks and Ruin, sniping generators and totems from a distance and hoping a Survivor isn't looking in the right direction, which is hardly dynamic and expressive gameplay.

    The Killer's biggest strength isn't even in the power itself IMO but their ability to bypass hook and unhooking perks, which are by and large the most valuable ones to Survivors right now. No DS, DH, Resurgence, Wicked, Deliverance, We'll Make It, STB, OTR, Reassurance, Kindred, nothing. Pyramid Head can do that, but nowhere near as consistently, since his ranged attack doesn't inflict the necessary debuff. That Heresy also applies the old Ruin effect also feels a little crazy to me: was that actually a necessary balancing condition or just because the devs felt the need to pay lip service to the original design concept of sin and punishment and they had the code lying around?

    Since we also have the MMR reset right now it's hard to tell how good Judgement really is just yet, but I can't see many people who mainline Ghoul or Jason switching over.