Have people already dropped the new killer?

Played today for a fair few matches over lunch and in evening/night and got 3 matches total against judgment.

Expecting the first few days to a least be judgment heavy, every release the first week has a lot of new killer.

Are people really giving up on the killer already?

Comments

  • Possibly. She's not really an instant gratification killer so I wouldn't be surprised if she's had a quick drop in players

  • I hope people continue to give them a chance but I understand they’re not for everyone. They remind me of a Shoulder The Burden type of situation, where it has the potential to be very strong and powerful but usually only in capable hands. Personally I like having a mix of easy, moderate and difficult. But not everyone wants to or has the time to play a difficult but powerful killer or with a difficult but powerful perk and that’s okay. Luckily the game has plenty of options.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Usually the new killer winds down usually in one week. So you start seeing other killers more. Happened even with Jason even if he was still popular after the first week.

  • I am still playing Judgement a lot. :)

    I’ll switch between her, Houndmaster and Sadako.

    I am waiting for them to fix Houndmaster.

  • @random1543 said:

    Played today for a fair few matches over lunch and in evening/night and got 3 matches total against judgment.

    Expecting the first few days to a least be judgment heavy, every release the first week has a lot of new killer.

    Are people really giving up on the killer already?

    I’ve been playing as and against her. She has many pain points.

    1: Aura read is a must have. Her power means nothing if you can’t find people at long range (her short range is so telegraphed and hard to hit that short range chases are NOT what you are ever going for, seriously just leave them). She’s very LOS and guesswork dependent. On maps with terrible LOS you’ll have to use map knowledge and guesswork to get hits.

    2: Her 110 and unforgiving cooldown to M1 after a M2 makes looping at short range a nightmare. Good survivors can loop her anywhere with a window or tile and have long chases. Her “180” tech is not consistent enough at short distances so you’d be better off with the backwards addon. If you want a killer for mid-short range chases pick Wesker or something.

    3: She has no map mobility so some extra gen defense or haste is a good idea.

    4: Mindbreaker is one of a few perks that makes it so your own hits aren’t as telegraphed, and even then people will get off gens once they hear it. It has made my games less of a pain point so if you’re having issues run it or another blind/oblivious perk.

    5: The exile unhook protections are already being used as body-blocks.

    6: This is one of a few killers where I’d say you want to pour as many hooks into 2 specific people and go after them.

    7: One person can liberate two people from exile at the same time. That means that two people in exile is actually worse than one in exile and one on hook.

  • Judgement has all the factors which can reduce pickrate.

    4.4m/s

    Power has an insane skill floor and skill ceiling, which means that Judgement players are essentially divided into "Unstoppable" and "Clip-farmer's dream" with almost nothing in-between.

    Power is incredibly difficult to get used to, especially on controller where flicks are harder.

    Power requires to constantly do swift 180 degrees turns in order to be used in chase, which makes it downright barf-inducing for people with motion-sickness.

    Not a licensed Killer which could mitigate the other factors.

    Low perk build diversity since her kit doesn't focus on chases and doesn't really use hooks and Judgement is 4 meters tall and is a walking neon sign which makes stealth near impossible in outdoor maps. Which boils down viable builds to aura and Hex builds.

  • She's just to hard to use for the average player. This is kinda BHVR's fault. Look at the killers they've been releasing. Dracula, Jason, Ghoul, Krause, etc. They conditioned players to think killers should be strong and easy to use.

  • @CakeIsTheRoad said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/471648/have-people-already-dropped-the-new-killer

    I’ve been playing as and against her. She has many pain points.

    1: Aura read is a must have. Her power means nothing if you can’t find people at long range (her short range is so telegraphed and hard to hit that short range chases are NOT what you are ever going for, seriously just leave them). She’s very LOS and guesswork dependent. On maps with terrible LOS you’ll have to use map knowledge and guesswork to get hits.

    2: Her 110 and unforgiving cooldown to M1 after a M2 makes looping at short range a nightmare. Good survivors can loop her anywhere with a window or tile and have long chases. Her “180” tech is not consistent enough at short distances so you’d be better off with the backwards addon. If you want a killer for mid-short range chases pick Wesker or something.

    3: She has no map mobility so some extra gen defense or haste is a good idea.

    4: Mindbreaker is one of a few perks that makes it so your own hits aren’t as telegraphed, and even then people will get off gens once they hear it. It has made my games less of a pain point so if you’re having issues run it or another blind/oblivious perk.

    5: The exile unhook protections are already being used as body-blocks.

    6: This is one of a few killers where I’d say you want to pour as many hooks into 2 specific people and go after them.

    7: One person can liberate two people from exile at the same time. That means that two people in exile is actually worse than one in exile and one on hook.

    Wanted to add to points 7 and 6 that this also means slugging is very much a strategy for her. You're almost always better off getting more hits over sending people to Exile because Exile grants momentum. In my experience, this results in a Twins situation where you're either getting a 3 minute win, or an exit gate conga line. In good hands she feels too good where you dont even get to play with her mechanics, and against a good team she may as well be a loud mirror Myers.

  • @Goremocker said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4112154#Comment_4112154

    Wanted to add to points 7 and 6 that this also means slugging is very much a strategy for her. You're almost always better off getting more hits over sending people to Exile because Exile grants momentum. In my experience, this results in a Twins situation where you're either getting a 3 minute win, or an exit gate conga line. In good hands she feels too good where you dont even get to play with her mechanics, and against a good team she may as well be a loud mirror Myers.

    IMG_0350.png IMG_0351.png IMG_0348.png IMG_0349.png IMG_0347.jpeg

    The issue is even good hands can’t beat 4x good players. They have many more good hands than you do.

    Trust me, I got both 4x swfs and a team of new players during MMR reset. I mean full sabo, flashy squads with DS and Unbreakables.

    If I could post my matches from the DBD Stats I would, but it seems they haven’t updated it to include Judgment picture and perks. The slots look blank. Aurora is like that too.

  • I love her and I'm still playing her, but she's just weak. For all the concern of her being OP, she has too many counter points. A SWF buries her, can't use hook perks sensibly, multiple people can be 'unhooked' at once, 4.4, close range looping isn't viable in 99% of cases, etc etc.

    I find myself 4k'ing solo Q's or 0k'ing anything that resembles a SWF with half a brain. I also get insulted and called a tunneller a lot when, frankly, I have no idea who the hell I'm hitting with my beam on the other side of the map: but I'm not just gonna not hook them. Leads to a lot of instances where the bad dodger gets inadvertently tunneled out.

    So I can see a lot of reasons people will avoid playing her.

  • I've seen almost as many Blights as Judgments I think people are afraid of looking like beginners because Judgments got insane pressure.

    What other killer can reasonably threaten to 1 hook every survivor at 5 gens? Nurse has a good power but she's slow.

  • Everything I've seen about this killer has suggested to me she's just going to be another Artist. A killer that in theory is extremely strong held back by their power being unyielding to use that no one bothers to play her.

  • @CakeIsTheRoad said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4112160#Comment_4112160

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KDB1DEU78L83/img-0350.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4K5NCGT1KHN9/img-0351.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M4K5WTUB59DN/img-0348.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/UPBIBMIN3SNR/img-0349.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/HR5F8KI43SIN/img-0347.jpeg

    The issue is even good hands can’t beat 4x good players. They have many more good hands than you do.

    Trust me, I got both 4x swfs and a team of new players during MMR reset. I mean full sabo, flashy squads with DS and Unbreakables.

    If I could post my matches from the DBD Stats I would, but it seems they haven’t updated it to include Judgment picture and perks. The slots look blank. Aurora is like that too.

    Well, thankfully sabo, flashy, and DS don't matter to Judgment. Really it's just mind games for her. And yeah, a great SWF is going to be a lot better at that. Not even for being a SWF either. Judgment gets seriously rocked by people with good looping skills at close range. A solid team or even just one player knows to kite her at close range and just dodge at her most obvious window of invulnerability. Four players doing that is almost an immediate loss. You just have to get lucky shooting gens at that point.