I'm not sure who exactly this new killer is made for

It just strikes me as an odd choice for a "community created killer" to end up creating a killer who's powers are some of the hardest to use in the entire game.

When I first saw the concept design, I was super excited to main this killer and buy the cosmetics and everything. But when I see streamers who literally play this game for a living struggle to play this killer, it really makes me scratch my head. Because, time and skill level wise, that's where the bar is set. If someone who has 7k hours in the game, and is one of the most skilled players in the game, and THEY are miserable playing this killer, my casual butt doesn't stand a prayer in hell at enjoying playing the killer.

I played for a couple of hours as survivor today and I only encountered ONE judgment, which for a new release killer is wild. I don't know if it's just my server, but I'd be willing to bet that this killer is going to have one of the lowest pick rates in the entire game. Which is really sad for a community picked killer.

Comments

  • I feel like something designed to be difficult to be good at but rewarding when you are is exactly the kind of thing that the dedicated community would come up with

  • I mean its the same as Hag, Artist, and Trapper its a killer to which you simply have to completely change your playstyle compared to other killers which is why so many people are having trouble with this killer as you CANNOT play it on autopilot.

    Me personally, I have genuinely been LOVING this killer she is so much fun to play as and against. Its likely because of the MMR reset but I haven't been losing much at all. Also I think that it might no joke be a killer that's somehow harder on PC as I've heard tons players say that they prefer playing Judgment on controller (myself included) as it feels incredibly smooth.

    Essentially, I don't find this killer to be as hard as people say she is especially once you get good at the basic flicks/slingshots as that will work against 95% of the playerbase from here on out. Then again this is also my personal experience and I play pretty much exclusively ranged killers so I'm pretty used to aiming with projectiles at this point.

    Sorry the post was a bit all over the place and rambly but yk.

  • I dunno I'm fine with The Judgment. They're hard countered by any half decent SWF you encounter and you should expect 0k if you ever hit a SWF. But they slaughter Solo Queue, so I guess they have that going for them. Just ignore all melee and anyone inside of 10m and let them do whatever.

  • She's a strong killer. She can hold up against a SWF. Is she hard to play? Yep. Sure is. This is gonna take some time but thats okay.

  • Guess it depends which streamers you watch. I've already seen several of them mastering her quite well. I'm on controller and generally lack the motivation to master anything, but even I've done okay with her. I'm only really struggling with close-up hits with her light so usually fall back on M1. Far and medium distance hits though aren't difficult to get the hang of. And that was with playing her with no perks too as I was just trying to get a feel for her power and kept forgetting to equip any. I can't see myself playing her much in future, if at all, but I definitely think she's a perfectly viable killer albeit a bit niche.

  • I think it’s still far too soon for conclusions. We need to give the community time to learn how to play As and Against before writing something off as OP or Weak. Give players time.

  • @Hoopme said:

    Judgement basically has the Singularity problem requires a ton of effort and Mastery but when that is achieved there is basically nothing Survivors can do to beat em

    Isn't that the point of Nurse though?
    Learning how to use her takes a massive effort.
    BTW, never take addons if you want to learn Nurse.
    The skill ceiling is really high so why shouldn't those that put the effort in benefit.
    As a survivor main, and learned Nurse, I'm loving everything about this killer.
    I lose most of the time cuz I haven't learned how to flick her/his power.
    Once I learn that, I'll at least be 50/50.
    Nurse takes so much mental energy I only get 1 stomp out of 5 games.
    This killer is similar.
    Judgement is more Nurse 2.0 than people were saying about Henry. Vecna 2.0 just doesn't have the same skill ceiling that Nurse has.
    It's not a straight forward aim pull the trigger.
    You have to get the feel for it.
    Getting perfect blinks with Nurse isn't easy. And trying to slingshot Divine Light is worse.

  • I'm terrible with using killer powers correctly but honestly, I feel like The Judgement's power difficulty has been greatly overexaggerated.

  • it was made for me, I'm sorry.