Please bring back the change from PTB that made Killer powers client-sided and less affected by ping
On the 10.1.0. PTB an undocumented change was done that made most Killer powers noticeably more responsive and consistent, instead of being negatively affected by being server-sided and clunky overall, like how it's been for the longest time and now - on the live release of 10.1.0. once more.
Many killers, namely Ghoul, Nemesis, Billy, Demogorgon, etc. were affected by this very positively and I for one can say that the Ghoul mains community who have dedicated themselves to learning the ins and outs of the Killer (such as learning "cutoffs") have always asked for this specific change for the longest time, as it isn't something that greatly affects balance and only serves to significantly improve the quality of life of this Killer - a sentiment I'm sure mains of many other Killers would agree with as well when it comes to this change.
As far as I'm aware, this change was reverted for the Live release due to one single Killer - Wesker. I don't quite understand why the rest of the entire Killer roster must suffer just because of one singular character, but I'm certain that most of the community would much prefer if Wesker was handled separately from other Killers. Not to mention that the change that negatively affected him still went through and he currently feels just as bad to play as he was on PTB, while the rest of the Killers still didn't get the positive changes - so this is just the worst of both world.
I believe I speak for a large portion of the community when say to please bring back the change that improved most of the Killers' powers on PTB and address the current state of the Mastermind separately with fixes specifically for him.
Comments
Making the game more client sided would open even more for cheating.
I really hope they wont do that
There is a lot of misinformation out there.
There was no change making killers client sided in the PTB, nothing at all.
There was a change made to Wesker on the PTB which impacted Ghoul, however we were required to dial back the changes due to the issues that it caused with Weskers grabs. But this did not impact any other killer and was necessary to dial it back.
If that's the case, then are there at least any plans to find a middle ground? Some things definitely changed, even on the live release Ghoul's "slingshots" (a tech where a consequitve leap is performed quickly after the first for a massive burst of speed) feel a lot better, however the leaps themselves feel nowhere near as responsive as PTB.