Wesker is Losing His Polish and Fun – A Request to Revert Recent Nerfs

Dear Behaviour Interactive Team,

I am writing this letter as a dedicated Dead by Daylight player to express my deep concern and frustration regarding the current state of Albert Wesker (The Mastermind). The changes being introduced to him starting from patch 9.6.0 have made playing him progressively less enjoyable, and since update 10.0.0, it is no longer even funny.

I completely understand that these adjustments are being made in an effort to balance the game between Survivors and Killers. However, balancing the game should never come at the expense of taking away the fun of playing Killer just to favor the Survivor experience.

Currently, playing Wesker comes with severe discomfort due to several major issues:

Heavy and Slow Charged M1: The held M1 mechanic feels extremely sluggish and clunky, completely ruining the fluid gameplay he was originally known for.

Power Lock near Obstacles: When standing within approximately 2 meters of an obstacle, the game frequently prevents us from using his Virulent Bound power at all, severely disrupting chase dynamics.

Hit Validation & Server Bouncing: The most frustrating issue occurs when a Survivor is near an obstacle—servers far too often fail to register a successful power hit. Instead of grabbing the Survivor, Wesker simply bounces off them.

Sluggish Grab Animation: On the rare occasions when the server actually registers the hit, the animation to grab the Survivor is noticeably slower than it used to be.

All of these changes combined make Albert Wesker—once one of the most fluid, rewarding, and well-designed Killers in the game—increasingly unpleasant to play with every single update.

I strongly request that you review these recent adjustments and revert the changes that have ruined his responsiveness and reliability. We just want The Mastermind to feel smooth, fun, and satisfying to play again without sacrificing Killer enjoyment for balance.

Kind regards,

A Dead by Daylight Wesker Player

Comments

  • I feel like Wesker pre nerfs was widely regarded as one of the most fun and balanced killers for both sides if I'm not mistaken. Kinda disappointed that the changes made it past PTB.

  • Genuinely, playing Wesker now just feels so clunky and over-all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. These are the types of nerfs that lead people to hop off of lower tier killers and move on to playing S tiers like Nurse or Blight. Me personally I don't wanna play Wesker that much anymore due to these "bugs" and "features." He's lost all of his smoothness and at this point I'm seriously considering becoming a Kaneki main.

  • @Impulsive said:

    Genuinely, playing Wesker now just feels so clunky and over-all leaves a bad taste in my mouth. These are the types of nerfs that lead people to hop off of lower tier killers and move on to playing S tiers like Nurse or Blight. Me personally I don't wanna play Wesker that much anymore due to these "bugs" and "features." He's lost all of his smoothness and at this point I'm seriously considering becoming a Kaneki main.

    although i have played a variety of killers in this game, Wesker was the one that kept me in DbD…nowadays i just peek into media and into 2v8 for one or two games hoping for better times…was fun while it lasted, but everything comes to an end

  • What was changed?

  • @Wyndsor said:

    What was changed?

    There's a desync between client side and server side, sometimes messing hug techs, delaying survivor grabs, but also causing a bug where Wesker's dash ends on the first bound, despite having a token left to use. Its like the bug where he drops a survivor when he successfully bounds them, but this time, without applying ouroboros. That's what I gathered from some Wesker players explaining it at least.