Client priority changes not going through????

I'm a little bummed to see that the changes for client priority are not going to be coming through. I am a Ghoul main who plays from the more central part of the United States. My ping is not incredibly high, but it is high enough that Ghoul just feels clunky to play. I grapple on to things I don't want to grapple on to, my input is incredibly delayed in most, if not all games. A good example of this is when I have tried to cutoff around shack and instead of grappling on shack, the server is so laggy for me (yes, even at 40ms) that the crosshair will hit something around the outside of shack instead. On the last PTB, with the client priority changes, that was not felt and even at 40-50ms, Ghoul felt really good and really smooth. This along with the answer on the AMA being that you will not set up anymore servers is very disheartening. Scrapping a well received change just doesn't make sense to me when it only negatively affects one killer.

Is there really no way for Wesker to just not be affected by this change? Or maybe to adjust (I'm assuming here) Wesker's hit box to be more accurate so that someone on 200+ ms is not getting outlandish hits? (I'm not saying this is the immediate fix, but could he just not be included in the client priority - for now - so that the other 43 killers can feel like their killer isn't clunky?)

I'm mostly confused on why one killer out of 44 causes the rest to suffer?

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • If the client gets priority then the potential exploits from playerbase gets way more likely.

    The number 1 rule in online gaming, never trust the client, many of the problems for dbd, because trust the client way too much, the more thing server handles and check the safer the game from exploits. So decreasing server side checks, will lead to disaster