Survivors Dialogue
I’ve just been thinking about the concept of older characters getting voice lines too. Sure, new characters are coming out and they get voice lines in match, in lobby, and even both. I know I could personally just ‘main’ a new survivor, but it’d be nice for older survivors to get some. I love Nea, i’ve played her since I got on DbD. It’d be nice for her to get some dialogue. Like it’d be nice like Meg, Claudette, Dwight, Jake, etc. Food for thought…
Comments
They said in the past that they plan to give older characters voicelines. However, when you love Nea, it might mean that Nea will have a completely different voice. Especially the original Survivors have been around for 10 years, the voice actors might not be available anymore to record voicelines. So even the screams and grunts of pain might change.
So I am doubtful if in the end really everyone would like voicelines. I hate them completely, but I would be even more annoyed if it means that characters have completely new voice actors. We have seen what happened to Steve, even people who like voicelines did not like that Steve got a new VA and his pickrate dropped significantly.
I'm hoping the ad-lib chat wheel system makes them speak too, I'd love to hear their personality come through with how they interact just like other games.
I hope they make so you can hear other survivors voicelines, not just yours. If you can hear killer's voiceline why not teammates. As Judgment why Aurora has voicelines against her when you as killer don't hear them.