Legendary Skin Concepts for The Animatronic (Springtrap)
As someone who looks at DBD through a game design lens, I know how risky complex cosmetics can be for the game's code, especially after the recent issues with the Blighted Springtrap skin (i hope he comes back soon). That’s why I wish for three Legendary/Ultra Rare skin concepts that are 100% safe for the engine, but offer massive lore value and visual variety:
1. Original Spring Bonnie (The Clean Retro-Look) A beautiful, un-withered yellow suit from the 80s. While it looks clean, it reuses Springtrap's eerie, twitchy animatronic animations, making the clean retro-look feel even more unnatural and terrifying.
- The Key Feature: To set it apart and keep it lore-accurate, this skin features piercing, beautiful green eyes.
2. Pit Bonnie (The Organic Monster from "Into the Pit") Based on the embodiment of William Afton's evil deeds from the books. Instead of a robot, this suit looks organic and demonic. It features a terrifyingly wide mouth lined with countless sharp teeth in the dark abyss of its throat.
- The Key Feature: To make it instantly recognizable and visually distinct from the normal Spring Bonnie, Pit Bonnie features massive, glowing blue eyes shining from the dark.
3. Burntrap (The Scorched Nightmare) A heavily burnt, completely destroyed version of the suit with visible flesh, bone, and scorched endoskeleton parts. It uses the exact same body proportions, meaning it requires zero new physics programming.
- The Key Feature: To complete the terrifying look, Burntrap features menacing, glowing purple eyes and darker voice.
Comments
I'd love more cosmetics for Springtrap! Out of these, I'd especially like to see his original yellow springlock suit.
This is not as easy to create, but considering it's probably the only FNAF killer we'll ever get, I'd really love to see a FNAF 1 Freddy cosmetic. It would be absolutely hilarious to make Springtrap's axe into Freddy's mic, and you just chuck it at survivors lmao. It would also technically make the doors more accurate, as Freddy used the doors in FNAF 1, but Springtrap only ever crawled through vents (still kind of wish they had vents spawn around the map instead of doors, I feel like it would be so much creepier).
I would like to see Springtrap crawl through vents in dbd xD