Proposed change for Dredge
I know that Dredge could use some changes / buffs in other areas, maybe more in regards to his chase ability, but I think I have an idea that could be a nice buff while strengthening him thematically. Dredge is a true horror monster, he lurks in the lockers, he's supposed to be scary (even if committed players are desensitized to him). But when he bursts out of a locker, it's like he announces his presence for the whole world to hear, and unless a survivor is right next to him when he gets out, it not only isn't surprising at all when he comes around a cornes, but it also makes it easy to prerun because it's impossible to miss.
I think Dredge should receive some Springtrap treatment. When bursting out of a locker, he should gain Undetectable for some amount of time to sneak up on survivors. Because it's impossible to miss the extremely loud locker bursting sound, I think that on any locker that isn't locked and is more than 5m from a survivor (and ideally out of LoS, but that might be difficult to code) should play a quieter sound when Dredge exits it. It would be something similar to, if not the same as part of the slow enter/exit sound for survivors and lockers.
Again, this wouldn't address Dredge's difficulties winning chases, however this might give him more opportunities to catch survivors off guard and land surprise attacks, while keeping to his theme and vibe. And in the end, if he can land hits in surprise attacks more consistently, that will help him a bit in chase as well. Of course, he still would need buffs other than this, but I think that these changes would be really cool to see.
Comments
To be fair I'm not really a huge fan of the fact that none of the stealth killers are actually stealthy since they're all extremely loud,and/or have visual assistance such as ghost faces cloak is loud along with the ribbons they gave him.
Dredge is fully Undetectable during Nightfall. This is your opportunity for stealth. You can also teleport to other lockers (like Springtrap can go to a door further away), and place your Remnant somewhere while in Nightfall to trap survivors.
Lavalier Microphone is a good add-on to confuse survivors and you get their aura as well.
Make Dredge 4.6 while holding remnant, gigabuff his teleport speed, give him dash when teleporting to remnant, rework his pass, and he migh end be decent low B tier killer.