Nurse should become blind when charging her Blink

In the recent Dev stream they brought up Nowhere to Hide Nurse™ and how easy it was to play then added corresponding nerfs to Nowhere to Hide. (Which didn't fix the problem since the aura reading is still centered on the killer.)

And so I watched a few videos relating to the dev stream as I like to see what other people think about it, and I saw this suggestion in one of the videos. Thought I would bring it up directly in forums.

So instead of balancing perks around nurse, we can instead continue to have usable perks on every killer by just nerfing nurse. Suggested changes being:

  • The Nurse gains Blindness when charging blinks this effect persists until fatigue ends.
  • In an ideal world I would like: Token recovery from 3 seconds → 4 seconds
Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • You clearly missed the dev note of the perk that the change on the PTB is not the real rework they are going to do with it. Its not only problem with Nurse its problem with any killer that can travel the map fast Ghoul can use it even better than Nurse.

    • Dev note: We are planning to update this perk based on the reception of the above change after it was announced. Nowhere to Hide will go back to 24 meters, but will reveal Survivors near the Generator instead of the Killer's location.
  • @Wezqu said:

    You clearly missed the dev note of the perk that the change on the PTB is not the real rework they are going to do with it. Its not only problem with Nurse its problem with any killer that can travel the map fast Ghoul can use it even better than Nurse.

    • Dev note: We are planning to update this perk based on the reception of the above change after it was announced. Nowhere to Hide will go back to 24 meters, but will reveal Survivors near the Generator instead of the Killer's location.

    Ah didn't see that, thanks for letting me know. Either way I still think it would help as an overall nerf for nurse.

  • I've seen some people comment that doing this, while it sounds good at first, makes it so there are very few good perks that work on Nurse. Things that require basic attacks already are not viable on her, as of now the only good perks available on her are aura reading and gen slowdown / regression. So a lot of people have argued that by nerfing Nurse's ability to see auras, you'll just end up with every Nurse running 4 gen slowdown perks (Pop, Pain Res, Eruption, Gift of Pain) which is arguably worse. Not sure exactly how much I agree with this sentiment, but it is worth taking into consideration.

  • @Arcturus said:

    I've seen some people comment that doing this, while it sounds good at first, makes it so there are very few good perks that work on Nurse. Things that require basic attacks already are not viable on her, as of now the only good perks available on her are aura reading and gen slowdown / regression. So a lot of people have argued that by nerfing Nurse's ability to see auras, you'll just end up with every Nurse running 4 gen slowdown perks (Pop, Pain Res, Eruption, Gift of Pain) which is arguably worse. Not sure exactly how much I agree with this sentiment, but it is worth taking into consideration.

    Aura reading would still be very strong on nurse with these changes, it would just remove the free hit off of aura reading and would require the nurse player to predict where the survivor might go after reading their aura.

  • I agree Nurse should have this, but it isn't a replacement for nerfing Nowhere to Hide, that perk needed an adjustment either way and Nurse wasn't the only reason for that