3 Changes for The Judgement

Mehcanically, the power seems perfect with no notes. But there are 3 things I think could be changed with this killer to make them a little better.

1. Give Divine Light a lingering trail on the ground starting when the killer shoots it, make it have the same radius as the pillar, thinner during the delay, and wider when it properly fires. This trail will be purely cosmetic, and it should linger for about 1.5 to 2 seconds. The reason for it is simple: It's very hard to gauge if you have shot your beam too close or too far in some scenarios. The lingering trail won't help you aim your shot, but when you see where your beam actually went you'll have the info to develop a better sense for how to aim it next time. I think this would just be good to give the tools to players to get better at the killer.

2. If at least 50% of the beam radius passes through a generator, have the beam aura change, or the gen aura change. This will serve a similar function as the previous change. It will tell players "hey, you aimed correctly and hit the gen", which is sometimes very hard to gauge when you're trying to send a beam to a specific generator. Again the purpose of this is not to help the player aim, but to give them the info so they learn to aim better next time.

3. This is the harshest change: Make the beam snuff out hex totems (not break them, snuff them out). This killer is just unhealthily good at defending totems, and I would hate to see other parts of the killer's kit be changed in ways that make them worse to play to address it. I think it would be totally fine to sacrifice totem builds with this killer if we can preserve the power mechanically. You could even make it so that the beam also snuffs out boons to compensate. The killer would not be able to use hexes as effectively because they will turn off, but they would also deal with boons better than other killers. I think it'd be interesting for the killer's identity, and it would prevent unhealthy hex builds without damaging the killer's kit.

Overall though, I absolutely love how this chapter is going and I can't wait for the full release.

Comments