Any news regarding the Hellraiser Licence ?

I am a returning player from when Pyramid Head first came out. I quit the game for a long long time and then I saw a video of someone playing Pinhead and that made me reinstall the game. I love the Hellraiser franchise, the first movie was my joy and this new one was actually pretty good. Also the game that is launching on Oct 8th looks promising. But I was so sad that I was not able to buy him anymore and while I do love him I ain't spending 1000€ on a key. Have you heard of any news regarding the licence ? I know of the problems with the licence holders and why it was pulled but I wanna know if Cote said anything or any sort of crumbs. Thank you!!

Tagged: Killers

Comments

  • Nothing official. Still nothing is impossible so there is always a chance of them getting it back somepoint. The main problem currently is that the Hellraiser: Revival game that is coming out in October has exclusive rights to the Hellraiser brand regarding video games so until that license runs its course Behavior has no chance of getting the license back.

    As you also said about the way the original license was acquired was little bit iffy that might also cause the current rights holders not to be too keen to work with Behavior when in reality it was not Behavior's fault but the old license owners.

    I forgot to add never buy keys from anywhere else than official storefronts that game lists as valid seller. If you buy stolen or hacked key and use it you might get banned depending of the game if its somepoint noticed by the game makers. Just recently in DBD Behavior disabled a lot of characters from accounts that bought them from websites that had no right to sell them.

  • @Wezqu said:

    Nothing official. Still nothing is impossible so there is always a chance of them getting it back somepoint. The main problem currently is that the Hellraiser: Revival game that is coming out in October has exclusive rights to the Hellraiser brand regarding video games so until that license runs its course Behavior has no chance of getting the license back.

    As you also said about the way the original license was acquired was little bit iffy that might also cause the current rights holders not to be too keen to work with Behavior when in reality it was not Behavior's fault but the old license owners.

    I actually didn't know that the game had the rights unilaterally for however long it does. But being a single player game I would have expected for them to be like " Did you like the game ? You can also play as Pinhead in Dead By Daylight!" so that the people who liked the game came to dbd for more Pinhead and since the killer already exists there would be no more actual work from either party it would be free money. Or at least that's how I would have done it.

  • my guess is it'll come back...in a few years. Saber has exclusive rights right now but after Hellraiser Revivals been out and they move on to KOTOR Remake I'm optimistic the doors will open for possible negotiations.

  • I hope he comes back with a some of his friends.

    But i also guess if ever it will take some time.

    Stranger Things came back because people annoyed Netflix all the time with posts.

    I am not sure if anybody has bothered Clive Barker that we want Pinhead back…