I Love Chaos Shuffle
If any time limited mode has a shot at ever being made permanent, it should be this one. I wouldn't say we're there yet, because I don't think the game has a big enough player base to support permanent extra modes at present. But in any case, it doesn't completely destroy the queue times like 2V8, everyone's favourite Killer is available to be played and it stops a good amount of the sweatiness since both sides have to make do with whatever the Entity's given them. It also essentially updates itself, since there's new content to play with every time it comes back when new perks are added every couple of months. It would take up less dev time than improving 2V8 (which has kind of come to the end of the road more or less, imo).
It's not perfect. I think Survivors should have to bring random items if Killers aren't free to choose their add-ons. Beamer squads currently have a bit too much "fun" in the mode. I also think that tunnelling & slugging need to be a little less free than they currently are and a base-kit gen slow down might need to be added as well. The infamous anti-slug anti-tunnel PTB would be a solid starting point to address these pain points. That said, it's basically fine as it is, these are only suggestions for making the mode a bit more casual player friendly.
I enjoy making up builds when I'm playing Killer, so the regular mode will always have that going for it. But on the Survivor side of things, I don't think I'd ever want to play anything else if Chaos Shuffle was always available to play.
Comments
Yeah they need to randomize the items and its perfect.
Bhvr will never have enough balls to adress "killer strategies" in a meaningful manner. So the mode would still be a tunnel-fiesta like its right now. Totally atrocious to play as survivor.