Why are DBD servers so terrible?

I know the net code is garbage which leads to terrible ping issues and hit validation issues, but even ignoring that the server crashes 1/15 matches or so. This is astronomically higher than any other PVP game I've ever played, if I remembered all the times this has happened in other games I think I could still count them on one maybe two hands

Comments

  • Because DbD has no competition and people will play the game no matter how crappy the servers are, so there’s no reason for BHVR to spend more money for better servers.

  • @Your_Dad_Playing_DbD said:

    Because DbD has no competition and people will play the game no matter how crappy the servers are, so there’s no reason for BHVR to spend more money for better servers.

    real

  • Ping and hit validation aside i cant even remember when i had the last Server Crash, also cant remember seeing that with content creators.

    Are you sure this is a general problem? Which Servers are closest to you?

    Also, arent they using Amazon Servers which plenty of online games use? That would further suggest its more likely their net code and not the Servers themselves?

  • @Mooks said:

    Ping and hit validation aside i cant even remember when i had the last Server Crash, also cant remember seeing that with content creators.

    Are you sure this is a general problem? Which Servers are closest to you?

    Also, arent they using Amazon Servers which plenty of online games use? That would further suggest its more likely their net code and not the Servers themselves?

    It probably is their net code then, because I'm smack in the middle of the US so I'm pretty much only on NA servers, and I get server crashes routinely. It's part of the experience at this point