I have a weird fear/anxiety of playing another match after I had a good round.

Like the title says. I don't know why but for some reason when I had a amazing fun round as killer or survivor I have this weird anxiety or fear of playing another round afterwards. When I had a bad round I don't mind playing another round because my head tells me "it can only be better then the last one" but when I had a good round I also worry that the next one will ruin my mood entirely and sometimes I just stop there to play even tho I have the interest and time.

Does someone else have this problem and when yes tips on how to overcome it?

Comments

  • I think there is no real need to overcome it.

    You had a great game you could also stop. Play again next day.

    I think this may be the problem for some players that they can´t just stop sometimes. Game doesn´t run away.

  • I get that occasionally. It's so easy to go on a huge losing streak as survivor and I do prefer to end on a good game. But I don't particularly want to keep playing till 3 in the morning just to end on an escape because I went on another 10 match death streak 😂

    How to get around it?

    Personally I have a game lined up to play after dbd. Usually I'll set aside 30-45 mins at the end of a game session to play something calming and relaxing like Palia just to detox myself from dbd, especially if I've been getting tilted by tunneling killers several matches on the bounce.