Survivors should take physical damage during trials

I posted this over in Reddit before but I can't help but think about it regularly, going into a game looking normal but coming out beaten to ######### is a thought that I just can't shake. I had the idea a few months ago while going against Houndmaster and got grabbed by Snug and thought "there should be blood there", but recently I've discovered that a few survivors have hook lines talking about the excessive blood that we cannot see, unless we're unhooked and it's just pooling out from underneath. I want a physical reminder of how my actions affect my character. I hope the graphics update can have something like this because I think it would really add to the player experience. 🫪👍

Comments

  • The magic of "healing hands!" Lol. Just kidding, but i think the complication lies with the amount of cosmetics, and how to make each one change to look bloodier/more injured. Not just each outfit, but each piece of each outfit.

  • The number of cosmetics in the game might make this hard to pull off unless they just go for skin damage.

    If this is ever implemented expect it to be alongside the graphic overhaul.

  • This kind of reminds me of a funny idea I had during last event, where whenever survivors would consume a morsel they would get slightly wider, so you could gorge yourself and create an absolute chonker of a survivor.

    Hard to implement due to cosmetics though as stated above, the only option I see is using face really, with it either becoming bloodier and bloodier, or maybe the face itself showing more and more painful expressions depending on how many hits/hooms they took

  • It'd be cool but I'd want this as a special skin tbh. It'd require a lot of work for each individual cosmetic to do, not to mention liscensing.

  • In a PTB years ago they randomly tested survivors getting bloody when injured. For whatever reason they decided to not move forward with it even though people liked it.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/hnk5xl/in_the_ptb_survivor_clothes_get_bloody_when_hit/