Low Usage Perk Rework

I know this is not a new idea in the slightest, but I am a relatively newer player and I wanted to bring up some suggestions regarding the least used perks in the game.

I want to start by saying that I really appreciate all the hard work and dedication that goes into creating the updates for the game. So many talented people work diligently to give us the game we love, so thank you.

for several updates now, we have seen very little changes when it comes to underused perks and I wanted to more so consider why these perks have not been changed. New content is consistently put out, so why should the old stuff be left to rot in the depths of the perk selection screen?

I suggest that with every chapter, BHVR considers the least used killer and survivor perks (maybe like 5-10 for each role), and buff/rework them to increase their utility, change their gameplay, or prevent them from being seen as "useless" or "a waist of a perk slot."
These modifications do not have to be drastic, but enough to give the perk a new utility or buff them enough to be worth running a build around.

Scott Jund on youtube has an interesting video about this idea and has some suggestions already for the least used perks in the game (linked) where he discusses some issues with the least used perks and how he would improve them (the video is 6 hours long, but the first 30 minutes or so is edited and fast, while the rest is the vod from when he was reworking the perks and coming up with ideas.)

https://youtu.be/BKWA6ZQDR6g?si=2iW5MRhpdLPvyvK_

One thing Scott doesn't touch on (in the first 30 minutes at least…) is when and how the perk changes could roll out. I think it would fit very well into the chapter release schedule, where every few months, the least used perks get changed and then tested on the PTB along with the new content (killer, survivor, new perks, etc…) and could be further changed in the live update.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope we could maybe see a more-diverse pool of perks among killers and survivors in the future.

Tagged: Perks

Comments

  • They are reworking/buffing/nerfing at least 45 perks these will be coming in November. Not to mention the 15 perks they are going to make changes when next chapter is released in august. This was all revealed in their live prodcast yesterday.

  • Scott actually has said repeatedly on his channel and maybe even the intro of that video that he sees no reason why someone at BHVR couldn't look at the least used perks each patch and design simple number changes to make the perk better