Pallet density

Yeah pallet density really feel fair. Especially on maps like autohaven. Really nice to get into a chase where there's a 20 pallet zone, leave it to try your luck somewhere else to find out there's 20 more here. Not like gens are being done faster than ever in the game's life. It's totally fair to have maps like RCPD where there can be 3 pallets in one room, it's fair.

Comments

  • pallet density right now feels more balanced than ever considering the nerfs they made to loops in general, I dont know if you ever played this game before 2020 but it was way worse

  • At least in the Autohavdn realm most of the maps still aren't too bad except Blood Lodge.

  • @ArtGueds said:

    pallet density right now feels more balanced than ever considering the nerfs they made to loops in general, I dont know if you ever played this game before 2020 but it was way worse

    By the logic of "but it used to be worse" people should not complain about Nurse no more cause she used to have up to 7 blinks. We shouldn't even complain about how braindead vigil is now, we had og MoM afterall.

    I don't really know why the OP complains about RPD since it wasn't affected by pallet density, but man i don't care if the filler loops are technicly weaker. I still have to spent more time playing around them then before this "quality of life change" since they are now way more of them.

    Best example- Shattered Square. Usually around 16 pallets spawning and 3 or 4 pallets chaining into Shack. Man what a fun map to play on as anything but Nurse.

  • @TheMruczek said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101548#Comment_4101548

    By the logic of "but it used to be worse" people should not complain about Nurse no more cause she used to have up to 7 blinks. We shouldn't even complain about how braindead vigil is now, we had og MoM afterall.

    I don't really know why the OP complains about RPD since it wasn't affected by pallet density, but man i don't care if the filler loops are technicly weaker. I still have to spent more time playing around them then before this "quality of life change" since they are now way more of them.

    Best example- Shattered Square. Usually around 16 pallets spawning and 3 or 4 pallets chaining into Shack. Man what a fun map to play on as anything but Nurse.

    The vast majority of killers have a chase power though. Too many killers conditioned themselves to immediately break every pallet in chase because a guide from 7 years ago told them to zone and break. Weaker pallets are playable. Even Skull Merchant's kit allows you outplay safer tiles.

  • I've been dealing with pallet density by playing killers who aren't bothered by it. Nurse, pallet eater Legion, Stealth Billy. Survivors have been asking for years for BHVR to address the deadzones that sometimes appear on maps, and Killers have been asking for years for the maps to be more fair.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101567#Comment_4101567

    The vast majority of killers have a chase power though. Too many killers conditioned themselves to immediately break every pallet in chase because a guide from 7 years ago told them to zone and break. Weaker pallets are playable. Even Skull Merchant's kit allows you outplay safer tiles.

    Yeah i don't know what's up with people who call the game a pallet breaking simulator. What's happening in threenacting. Just go around them. According to my stats, I break about 4 pallets per match, and a huge chunk of those are farmed. I recently had a match I was winning so hard I just flew around as bat Drac and broke ten pallets before reengaging.

  • @TheMruczek said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101548#Comment_4101548

    By the logic of "but it used to be worse" people should not complain about Nurse no more cause she used to have up to 7 blinks. We shouldn't even complain about how braindead vigil is now, we had og MoM afterall.

    I don't really know why the OP complains about RPD since it wasn't affected by pallet density, but man i don't care if the filler loops are technicly weaker. I still have to spent more time playing around them then before this "quality of life change" since they are now way more of them.

    Best example- Shattered Square. Usually around 16 pallets spawning and 3 or 4 pallets chaining into Shack. Man what a fun map to play on as anything but Nurse.

    The difference is that pallet density actually feels balanced, unlike the obvious ######### designs you just named. The only big problem is gideon and badham, that has a ######### ton of pallets. But I can name more deadmaps than broken op maps. Midwich, can have a whole side of the map a deadzone, as well as a seemingly non logical gen spawn. That map from vecna dnd is legit egregious design for suvivor. So much so that it made a random legion playing on console beat the best survivor team on a 200 win streak

  • @ArtGueds said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101567#Comment_4101567

    The difference is that pallet density actually feels balanced, unlike the obvious ######### designs you just named. The only big problem is gideon and badham, that has a ######### ton of pallets. But I can name more deadmaps than broken op maps. Midwich, can have a whole side of the map a deadzone, as well as a seemingly non logical gen spawn. That map from vecna dnd is legit egregious design for suvivor. So much so that it made a random legion playing on console beat the best survivor team on a 200 win streak

    It doesn't feel balanced. Also let's not underplay the pallet density becouse "omg look the dnd and midwitch maps suck". There are like 5 maps in dbd that are actually killer sided compared to half of the maps being affected by pallet density.

    I wish bhvr would dedicate an entire midchapter to reworking maps (maybe i could actually see swamp rework before i die of old age) reworking them so we don't have outliers like midwitch and badham and fixing pallet spawning bug on indoor maps as well.

  • @ArtGueds said:

    pallet density right now feels more balanced than ever considering the nerfs they made to loops in general, I dont know if you ever played this game before 2020 but it was way worse

    Are you joking ? I been playing since 2016 and it's worst than ever before. 3 pallets in one room ? How is that even a thing ?

  • Istg the response in here are so disconnected from everywhere else. It's like people just refuse to say 3 pallets in one room is maybe one too many. No ofc bc yall are all playing Nurse, Blight and Ghoul and nothing else XD like the pallet density is so bad half the roster is unplayable we have like 5 killers that do well and they're all fast killers not a single trap killer or zone denial is doing any good. Even insta down killers are hitting pallets after pallets constantly XD I had never seen so many pallets in my entire life on this game.

    And to the guy that's like "pallet density didn't affect RCPD" well I never seen 3 pallets spawn in the blue room before. Do you know how long it is to mind game around 3 pallets ?

  • Let me make a WILD guess. Legion, Wesker, Blight or Nurse.

  • @OrionQc24 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4101548#Comment_4101548

    Are you joking ? I been playing since 2016 and it's worst than ever before. 3 pallets in one room ? How is that even a thing ?

    No