Add-on passes should happen more often
mainly because there are a lot of add-ons in DBD on both the survivor and killer end that are part of an outdated design for add-ons where higher rarity add-ons just do higher stat boost than lower rarity add-ons. I think the biggest examples of this outdated form of designing add-ons is with Trapper, Hag, and Flashlights. Trapper and flashlights have have add-ons that follow this design in particular with having add-ons that do something that the lower rarities already do but better, like take the Power bulb versus intense halogen they do the exact same thing description wise but stat wise the intense halogen is far superior. Or with trapper because the fastening tools add-on where it’s functionally just a combination of trapper gloves, and wax brick. While functionally, fascinating tools have a lower percentage than wax brick because it’s a 33% increase to escaping bear trap compared to fasting tools 25%, but while it’s not that big of a difference, the trap setting speed increase is far superior than trapper gloves 20% superior to be exact and it’s combined with another add-on that already exists, so why would you ever bring both trapper gloves and wax brick when you can just bring one add-on that does both. Lastly in my opinion, the worst example of this add-on design is Hag with her having three copies of the same four add-ons but better. But yeah, that’s kind of all I wanted to yap about, I just think that this form of add-on design for both killer and survivor items needs to be looked at.
Comments
So much of this could easily just be tweaks to numbers. It would take one person to do this in their spare time. It’s certainly not a lack of resources that is preventing this - it’s a lack of interest on BHVR’s part.
Absolutely. They've clearly learnt how to make a more diverse set of addons per Killer over the past few releases, but it would be very nice if they could go back and modernise the Killers whose addons are very outdated like Wraith and Oni, while reworking those like Vecna 1 and Krasue, whose addons are either entirely cosmetic or focussed on the wrong part of their power. They also really should do something to shake up the meta of item addons because I only see the same ones with no variety. And finally they need to redress some addon effects in the era of 'diminishing returns' (remember that balance update you promised BHVR?).
yeah I’m gonna be honest. I think they just kinda forgot lol.
Only like five perks have been touched since last November.
They ain't doing jack.
yeah especially since we aren’t getting any balance changes in normal DLC releases anymore
when I buy a killer, I'm paying for the power but also the perks and addons so when we get useless addons I feel like I am missing content. It wouldn't be so bad if there were no addon limits and we just had a random amount of them based on vibes but it's all standardized. So Houndmaster is a bucket of chicken with the skin eaten off to me.