Highschool of the dead - from the survey

I am a huge fan of Highschool of the dead, and was quite excited to see it mentioned on the survey as a potential vote. It was the first full anime I ever watched, and is the anime that got me interested in anime altogether as at the time I didn't realise Anime had such a dark/horrific/mature side. Infact I loved the show so much, I managed to get an arm sleeve of tattoos of all the main characters from the show/manga, and continued to watch anime ever since.

MV5BYjcyNTUwYmQtZjFmZC00YTZmLWJkYzEtMGU4NTlkMjVjZTA2XkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

These are all 6 main characters^. The series has never been completed however as the creators were a set of brothers, one being the writer , the other being the animator. The writer Daisuke Satō, and the animator Shōji Satō. Daisuke Satō passed away in 2017, which left the Highschool of the dead series permanently halted.

Fans have been hoping for new content from the series for nearly a decade, and though the manga/anime will likely never continue/finnish, perhaps the characters can still be brought back to life in DBD.

The easiest choices for a survivors only chapter would be Saeko Busujima:

saeko_busujima___highschool_of_the_dead_by_zdane3t_dkprx05-fullview.jpg

And Shizuka Marikawa:

what-do-you-think-about-shizuka-marikawa-from-high-school-v0-8li2pyalsg0f1.png

Due to their ages being over 18 (and Saeko being probably the most popular and well known character in the series), the rest being around 16-17 . However I don't doubt any of the characters could be aged up for the game seeing as the story is in an "anything could happen so long as the story/manga/anime doesn't continue" state, if Shōji Satō is interested in a collaboration.

If Highschool of the dead does manage to get enough votes for BHVR's attention, and by some miracle a deal does somehow get made for a collaboration, the main thing I wish to have more than anything you could ever bring to this game, is to bring in Saya Takagi as a playable character.

EIther as a character or legendary:

tumblr_mkfqaqnh8h1rj8nzio1_400_1_600x600-1.gif 46426.jpg images-6.jpeg

As She is by far my favorite character of all anime, and I don't think I could handle yet another cosplay of one of my most favorite characters of all time.

Comments

  • I feel this is one of those they would most likely make just skins out of like Attack on Titan. Its not big enough to get full chapter.

  • @Wezqu said:

    I feel this is one of those they would most likely make just skins out of like Attack on Titan. Its not big enough to get full chapter.

    It was as big as attack on titan back then. Sadly it did not continue alongside attack on titan. It would be quite a shame to be the first to have a chance to bring this franchise's characters back to life in some form, after over a decade, only for them to be turned into cosplays. But i can see how it'd be much easier to throw in as just cosplays, which i would love to avoid. Even the attack on titan fans still wished for legendaries, especially after seeing tokyo ghoul change how we thought anime couldn't be brought in as characters.

  • This is the one where the guy uses the girls boobs as a mount for his sniper rifle, right?

    Nah, that trash doesn't need to be in the game. Sorry.

  • @Ohyakno said:

    This is the one where the guy uses the girls boobs as a mount for his sniper rifle, right?

    Nah, that trash doesn't need to be in the game. Sorry.

    One man's trash is another mans' treasure.

  • While i liked that the guntaku was based on the hellsing author, didnt the hotd author die like 9 years ago?

    I dont think someone else took the rights to the IP.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    While i liked that the guntaku was based on the hellsing author, didnt the hotd author die like 9 years ago?

    I dont think someone else took the rights to the IP.

    Yea i mentioned above that Daisuke Satō passed while his brother Shōji Satō who did the artwork/animation for the series did not feel like continuing the series. He likely still has the rights otherwise someone else would've tried to revive the series. I have no idea what his stance would be on a game collaboration but its clear the series is dead in the water.

    He has been working on other manga series other than highschool of the dead, like Triage X, and Divine raiment magical girl Howling Moon.

    81FC+g41eEL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg 2828035-gf.jpg

    I also just saw that he has infact collaborated Highschool of the dead Characters into a game before, which was just Last year in August.

    Screenshot_20260722_011130_Instagram.jpg

    Ontop of that^ they also made their own browser game. So this license is somewhat active atleast in mobile gaming

    Screenshot_20260722_020600_Samsung Browser.jpg Screenshot_20260722_202407_Samsung Browser.jpg
  • And sorry about the picture spam I was finding out about some of this stuff in real time lol and I just find it easier to "Show" what I'm talking about.