Invocations need tweaks and new additions

Invocations are very interesting, yet underwhelming mechanic that doesn't reflect it's risk…

Tweaks:

Weaving spiders - instead of broken, it applies permanent repair and healing penalty of 33 %

Treacherows Crows - increase aura reveal to 6s, make survivors immune to scare a crow, inflict permanent oblivious

New possible invocations:

Calming wolves - after ritual is performed, every survivor will have their maximum health bar reduced by 4 charges, max 8 if lend a hand is used. You suffer permanent blindness and exhausted

Leading stags - after ritual is performed every survivor will leave blue light marks behind them, when standing on the lighmark you see their aura, lingers for 5s after, no downside

Comments

  • I would love for invocations to be revisited, the basement chicken gameplay is so fun but I really hate the broken risk, they could be way more creative than that lol

  • @Rokku_Rorru said:

    I would love for invocations to be revisited, the basement chicken gameplay is so fun but I really hate the broken risk, they could be way more creative than that lol

    I love them too. I can see the idea behind weaving spiders because perks tied to gens must be well though before thrown into field but broken for bnp on every gen is quite heavy punishment. I'd say you can spawn broken into game with all gens already decreased and people would still take it as negative. 60s in early game spent in basement is a big downside already. That's why I think that repair penalty for weaving spiders might be enough downside.

    Treacherous crows are cool concept, auras are not as popular but 2s is a very little, same with rapid response. Increasing it's duration to make the global effect better would help a lot. There are still stealth killers and perks and add ons that will make it's value very difficult.

    There are many options for invocations and I'd say they are interesting alternative options to bring things in. I hope mechanics like inovcs, scourges, boons and others will recieve more love to make the game more diverse.