How is the balancing of the game these days?

So I haven't played for quite some time. And I'm just curious where things are with the balancing of the game. I'm aware that a 4v1 game will never be truly "balanced" as well.

Is it more about skill level rather than perk/tactic choices now for killer? And is this the same for survivor, or are there still "meta" perks for both? I'm more than happy with it being skill based for both, as I usually play SoloQ Survivor. That being said, where are the current concerns with balancing at?

Comments

  • There will always be a meta and it's largely the same as its always been solo queue < killer < swf. There's obviously exceptions and we can dive into metas and such but the current roster of strong killers feature high mobility, strong abilities, with lots of passive goodies usually compared to say trapper or ghostface. I would say the largest concern for balancing, in my opinnion, are the peaks for both sides compared to the lows. E.G Take the meta obnoxious Jason Hex build and put it on Ghostface, it's not even a fraction of how good it is on Jason. Similarly solo queue gen speed is going to be awful compared to say a toolbox BNP + swivel socket + hyperfocus + stakeout team.

  • Trying to balance I'm certain is just an after thought. They are so few and so far in between not sure if they even care about the game anymore.

  • Ehh it's not really about skill anymore. It's really just about does the survivor whose tunnel out have anti tunnel perks or does the rest of the team have perks to help with tunneling or not.