I think I finally understand why i like killer more sense i started slugging
It's just so much less stressful and more time doing the part of the game i like most the chases. I don't have to worry about ds dead hard deliverance self preservation shoulder the burden making me lose all my pressure. as well i don't stress about hook location people coming in to save using the base kit bt aggressively i don't need to worry about my power turning off around hook or bad scurge hook spawns. i also have gotten way less toxic survivors telling me to off myself for "tunneling" or "camping" Just the why are you slugging or that wasn't fun which is way less stressful. Its just nice that a lot of the killer anxiety i have been having kinda melted away after i just stopped hooking loses feel less like i lost to bs and more i was out matched and wins feel better sense i have to manage 4 people at once and im not notified where they crawled to when they get up.
Comments
Agree, bhvr gave at least 4 basekit perks to make hooks stronger (grab removal, anticamp, longer hookstages, longer bt) and as you mentioned all strongest second chance perks are linked to hooks, so slugging is natural response to handholding and current meta.
You do you, but personally I dont wanna try babysitting slugs. It's one thing to slug if I know where the next chase is, but if im about to go patrol the gens LOOKING for another chase... I go ahead and hook.
I play dredge and pig and use both there aura addons I just go check gens and find people in no time.