My Feedback on the Black Banquet. (The Good And The Bad)

I’m sorry to say it, but I really hope the Black Banquet doesn’t come back in its current form. I can tell a lot of work went into this event, and I do appreciate that the team tries new ideas for anniversaries. That said, I’ve honestly had very little fun with this one, and I wanted to explain why as clearly and respectfully as I can.


Right now, I am basically only playing the event for the Bloodpoints. The game mode itself has felt miserable to play most of the time. Some of the abilities survivors get on top of their normal perks are just way too strong, and it often feels completely one‑sided. On killer especially, it doesn’t feel like a celebration, it just feels draining.

If I play as survivor, it’s mostly matches against Jason, and that is also miserable, going against the same killer back to back. Table running constantly is just not fun either. The spawns of the food carts/tables are hit and miss. It reminds me of the Blood Moon event where I feel like I am just running the whole match, except with Jason in most of my matches I have to crouch a lot to not be detected.


On top of that, the cosmetics for this event didn’t really land for me personally. That part is subjective, of course, but between rewards I am not excited about and a mode I don’t enjoy, there isn’t much pulling me in besides the BP bonus.

I really do like anniversary events and want them to feel fun for both sides. If Black Banquet or a similar mode ever returns, I’d love to see a more balanced version where the event powers feel fair and interactive on both sides, and rewards that make the event feel special rather than something you have to grind through.


I will say the decorations are very well done. I love the opening theme, the lobby background, and all the decor inside the trial. Well done!

Thank you for reading and for taking feedback into account.


(These food cart spawns are way too close together. They need to be more spread out across the map.)

https://youtu.be/DFF3--PnvZU?is=F7fPCv1LJA8RWDtu

Comments