What is effected by diminishing returns?
Hi all, where can I find the list for these supposed diminishing returns and their effects?
There should be an in-game system that tells you in real-time what is being negatively effected.
I can't describe how dumb it is that I've over 4k hours in the game, come back after a year, and have no idea that the things I've equipped are suddenly not doing what they say they should do.
Tagged:
Community Manager
Comments
In the loadout screen, directly to the right of the part where it says "Inventory/Perks", there's a little "i" in a circle. Hover over that, then hit more details, and you've got the list.
This process should be streamlined, but you can get the info in-game at least. Weirdly, it doesn't say what the numbers are, but it has the list of affected modifiers.
Thanks for answering! To add on to this, I'd love to uno reverse one of the comments here. If Diminishing Returns information were to be shared in-game, how would you prefer to see this handled?
Not the OP, but I have to make the (to me) obvious suggestion - in the last summer event, there were little arrows that indicated when a perk didn't mesh as well with the blood generators, which I think would be perfect for this.
Little red down arrow, then in "more details" have the revised number after Diminishing Returns affects it based on the other perks in the loadout.
We need to be able to understand what the numbers are. in my opinion if diminishing returns are impacting a perk it should say in the perk description what the new numbers are. im not capable of mathing out all that stuff effectively.
jesterkind desscribed it very similar to how I imagined…the source that is effected by diminishing returns should be given an icon that indicates it is not working at base value. When the perk in question is hovered over, it shows the adjusted modifier* and indicates the debuff is due to diminishings returns.
*I intentionally picked perks in the screenshot above that are conditional, understanding that showing the modifier in lobby may not be feasible. However, I would like to stress that it is a poor user experience to be asked to do the math to determine if my build is operating as expected.
I really like this!
I would love to see the numbers getting adjusted live. The numbers of powers and perks should have additional numbers in braces that show the value after diminishing returns. In the killer selection already, assuming all bonuses are active. I just want to see numbers without having to calculate my ass off.
This is exactly how I thought it would look and I'm baffled as to why it went live with no visual indicators.
Here's the list from the in-game manual:
Action Speeds:
Modifiers: