Maps should have gimmicks
So yeah title is pretty straight forward I think all maps should have their own gimmicks. Why only have these little changes during events when BHVR could sprinkle them into different realms and have them year round
Forgotten ruins already has portals.
The Ormond maps could have Snowmen and snowballs.
Raccoon city and fallen refuge could have some zombies walking around that can't infect only damage.
Midwich could be more foggy
Gideon could have little mini games.
The autohaven wreckers realm could have the gas pumps
Freddy fazbears map could have a security camera gimmick.
Comments
Would be cool, although the portal map Borgo is terribly designed.
I always thought having a unique spot on each map where any killer could activate an environmental mori would be cool. Like something with the operating theater in Lerys for example.
I'd like to see ziplines that provide an escape for survivors, but if the killer cuts it down while they're on it, they fall and get injured. Also map hazards the killer can set, like rope snares that if triggered, string up the survivor and they need help to be released. Maybe a spike pit with a lever 16m away that causes the platform to drop out into the pit, injuring survivors who land in it and stun killers who land in it.
After the portal map is a balance disaster i'm more happy that they don't have that many gimmick bs on maps. Small things like the nostromo slow mist and astronaut easteregg are cool, but gamechanging big gimmicks do not fit well imo.
Im surprised they never explored more map hazards like Nostromo's gas. Its such a cool mechanic that I wish was explored more
Yeah they could have a steam pipe bust on badham
The few times they have done it its noy been very good or the map is horrifically one sided like the portal map for dnd is stupidly kilelr sided while game is stupidly survivor sided
I'd also like more of those Easter egg secret rooms like on Midwich and Nostromo.
I hope those ormond Snowmen only as decorative? I do remember them as additional protection from killer hits