Springtrap

Hello Behaviour Interactive Team,

I'm a Dead by Daylight player, and I really appreciate that you added Springtrap to the game. Thank you for bringing one of my favorite horror characters to Dead by Daylight.

I would like to suggest a few improvements that I believe would make Springtrap even more enjoyable to play and more faithful to Five Nights at Freddy's.

First, I think Springtrap's current scream doesn't fit the character very well. I believe it would be much better to replace it with his iconic jumpscare scream and make that his main vocalization. I also think the jumpscare scream should be much louder and more powerful to make it truly shocking and intimidating, just like in Five Nights at Freddy's. It would also be great to hear it in the lobby and during his Mori, making him feel even more iconic and frightening.

Second, I don't think his chase music fits the character very well. A darker and more unsettling soundtrack inspired by Five Nights at Freddy's 3 would better capture the atmosphere of the series and make chases much more intense.

Also, I think Springtrap’s current appearance looks a bit too bright, with colors that are too light. It would be better to use a darker green tone and make his eyes more luminous to enhance his eerie and unsettling presence.

My biggest suggestion is about his power. One of Springtrap's most recognizable abilities in FNAF is his connection to the Phantom Animatronics. I think they should become part of his gameplay. All the Phantom Animatronics, such as Phantom Freddy, Phantom Chica, Phantom Foxy, Phantom Mangle, Phantom Balloon Boy, and Phantom Puppet, could appear in different areas of the map.

When a survivor gets close to one of them or looks directly at it from close range, the Phantom Animatronic would trigger an immediate jumpscare, just like in the Five Nights at Freddy's games. This jumpscare would temporarily blur the survivor’s vision, increasing tension and the horror atmosphere.

After performing a jumpscare, the Phantom Animatronic would disappear and reappear in a different random location on the map after about a minute or less, maintaining constant pressure throughout the match.

In addition, the more survivors are affected by Phantom Animatronic jumpscares, the more aggressive Springtrap becomes. Each jumpscare would temporarily increase his movement speed, attack speed, and the strength and speed of his axe throws. This would make his power more dynamic, unique, and faithful to the original character.

For his Mori, I think it would be perfect if Springtrap trapped the survivor inside a springlock suit, similar to William Afton’s death, but without the full mascot costume—only the exposed endoskeleton. The animation could show the suit closing around the survivor in a brutal and terrifying way, focusing on horror and tension in a style consistent with Dead by Daylight.

I also believe these changes would make Springtrap more popular among players and create a much more tense and frightening gameplay experience. The constant threat of Phantom Animatronics and their jumpscares would greatly enhance the horror atmosphere, while also helping players who struggle with axe throws, since experienced survivors can often dodge them consistently.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my suggestions. I hope you will consider some of these ideas for a future update, as I truly believe they would make Springtrap even more fun, memorable, and faithful to his original appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's.

Thank you for your hard work and for continuing to support Dead by Daylight.

Tagged: Killers

Comments