Anniversary event - bugged points

After some changes to the amount of cakes, there is now another issue. In all other events, killers and survivors received bloodpoints in the event category for their objectives. Now? We don't get any points for completing generators or for hooking survivors on non-basement hooks. (It used to be about 3k for completing a gen and 1250 for hooking a survivor on a hook that hadn't been used yet).

I don't know, but it looks like this event was rushed, and even though they might fix it later, there are currently many bugs. However, leaks about this event have been around since MARCH, so it's strange. There hasn't been any official statement about what is going on, or why event offerings were reduced while event items remained at the same amount.

The reality is that while there is an event category for bloodpoints, survivors only get 2.5k points for interacting with and activating event tables, which they can only do twice. If they activate them again, they get nothing. Meanwhile, as a killer, you are lucky if you get even 2k points in this category because there are simply no opportunities to earn them. And to top it all off, the cap for this event category is around 50k points...

Comments

  • Don't know why they decided to be super-stingy with the BP this year, but it sure doesn't promote player retention, that is for sure.
    I for one have not touched the game since the event started, because I have been too pissed off by the decision-making regarding the event in the first place. If this is how we are rewarded for sinking thousands of hours of our time into the game, then so be it. It is not worth it spending more time anymore. The anniversary events has always been the highlight of the year, but this year's event has been such a letdown when compared to prior years.

    Also, I believe the event points category gets applied separately to the regular BP gains (which gets multiplied by cakes), so that means even less for players to gain.

  • @wesker_shades said:

    Don't know why they decided to be super-stingy with the BP this year, but it sure doesn't promote player retention, that is for sure.
    I for one have not touched the game since the event started, because I have been too pissed off by the decision-making regarding the event in the first place. If this is how we are rewarded for sinking thousands of hours of our time into the game, then so be it. It is not worth it spending more time anymore. The anniversary events has always been the highlight of the year, but this year's event has been such a letdown when compared to prior years.

    Also, I believe the event points category gets applied separately to the regular BP gains (which gets multiplied by cakes), so that means even less for players to gain.

    I agree. I uninstalled the game myself. I'll come back if things improve.

    Ruining the Anniversary via both cake nerfs and poor overall design hasn't really hurt player retention either, though. DbD players generally don't care enough about this to actually stop playing, so BHVR will likely see no reason to revert the cake nerfs, nor put more effort into putting out good events.