How do they identify lagswitching?
It's not unheard of that survi ors accuse killer of lagswitching. With non-dedicated servers, lag spikes and poor connection is gonna happen. I live in an area with poor connection, even with the best. And the people who I share it with often stream...everything. this sometimes causes days with crazy lag but lobby says green ping.
It's because of this alot of people attack me and report me for lagswitching...idfk how to even do it. So I'm wondering how the devs/mods or whoever, identify lagswitching. Just so I dont have to worry about being banned just because of ######### internet.
Thanks
TLTR: my internet is crap sometimes, alot of people accuse me of lagswitching and report. I'm worried I'll get banned despite being innocent. I want to know how Bhvr distinguishes crappy internet and lagswitch
It's because of this alot of people attack me and report me for lagswitching...idfk how to even do it. So I'm wondering how the devs/mods or whoever, identify lagswitching. Just so I dont have to worry about being banned just because of ######### internet.
Thanks
TLTR: my internet is crap sometimes, alot of people accuse me of lagswitching and report. I'm worried I'll get banned despite being innocent. I want to know how Bhvr distinguishes crappy internet and lagswitch
Comments
I don't think they can actually detect lagswitching. The survivor needs video evidence of you lagswitching for appropriate action to be taken, at least that's what I imagine.
Unless you actually are lagswitching, you shouldn't get banned. Typical crappy connection lag is much different from lagswitching. Also, if the survivor wants to accuse anyone with a sudden ping spike in game of lagswitching they should just download MLGA. MLGA shows you when a player is lagswitching or not. If it is a lagswitch, they will completely disconnect from the host (MLGA will show "No Players Connected") and then suddenly they will connect back to the host. You should be fine.
I wouldn’t worry, normally bad ping is rather consistant and doesn’t spike to the same extent as a lag switch
Do you suffer from any FPS drops when you get in-game? I know that it's not just internet that can cause weird lag. If the host has a crap computer that can actually give everyone weird lag. My boyfriend used a really crappy chromebook equivalent computer to play DbD and it happened to him.
But more
likely it’s because your lag switching